For decades we’ve been inundated with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures of all shapes and sizes. Now, for the first time, TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman is designing a series of 1/6th scale characters from the toes up.
“The Turtles are always evolving,” said Eastman from his San Diego home, “Every artist who’s tackled them over the years (and there have been many) have put their own flair on the characters while keeping the spirit of the Turtles we know and love. This is the version I’ve developed in my mind and and my personal sketchbooks.”
The figures will be released through threezero.com, but if you want to get your hands on one of the first 25 figures, signed and numbered by Kevin Eastman, be prepared to shell out some big bucks as the limited exclusives will set you back $1,000.
I’m hoping the Three Zero prices are cheaper, but there are some TMTN fans that will want the “cool set.”
1/6th scale Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles KBE Studios collectible set details:
- Stands ~29.7cm tall/11.7inches tall;
- Original Bodies with over 25 points of articulations;
- Soft PVC dermis on the arms.
- Exclusive KBE Studios Tattoo Decal
- Exclusive KBE Studios Red Bandana
- Exclusive KBE Studios Paint Scheme
- Exclusive KBE Studios Original Mini Pizza Box
- Exclusive KBE Studios Signed Copy of Original Designs
- Exclusive KBE Studios Temporary Tattoo Set
Mikey comes with following accessories:
- Nunchaku x 2;
- Throwing Stars (in different shapes) x 5;
Leo comes with following accessories:
- Katana x 2;
- Short Knife;
- Hand Held Blade.
These are much more different than any figures we’ve seen before, including the NECA TMNT figures, which were more in line with the original comics.
Would you even considering grabbing one of the first 25 sets, or are you hoping the decimal point moves to the left a couple of places when they arrive at Three Zero?