Marvel’s Civil War II had a shocking *SHOCKING* death in Civil War II #3, which means that was the big talk at the Civil War II Panel today at the San Diego Comic Con, right?
Here’s our summary of what went down at the panel:
- Axel Alonso said there would be more deaths to come in the series. WHO WILL IT BE!? Use the comment section below to share your thoughts. I’m going with Tony Stark, who will become the next Iron Man A.I.
- Riri Williams meets Tony Stark in Iron Man #12, which arrives in September.
- I am looking forward to the Civil War II: Kingpin mini-series, and it looks like it is going to turn into an ongoing series.
“Kingpin at his heart is an opportunitst and a businessman, and when the heroes are playing with each other, he finds an incredible opportunity to reclaim his title of the Kingpin of Crime in New York,” Matthew Rosenberg said. “The Civil War stuff is a backdrop and ties into his plan of how this works… every supervillain is terrified during Civil War, and Kingpin finds out how to make this use how he wants.” Alonso added, “Kingpin is going to be huge in the next couple of years, so keep your eye out on him.”
- Ms. Marvel will be torn on which side she should pick in the fight, as she looks up to Carol Danvers, but she’s gotten close with Tony recently. G. Willow Wilson said next week’s issue (Ms. Marvel #5) has a couple of twists in it.
- Power Man & Iron Fist are taking a neutral position in the big Civil War II conflict. Good luck with that, guys!
- Amadeus Cho will have to figure out he will be the one true Hulk. Fortunately, Black Panther will help in to help out. Mahmud Asrar begins the series artist beginning with Totally Awesome Hulk #11.
What did we miss? Use the comment section to sound off!