CHLegacyofGhostsBanner

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Podcast: The team develops a plan, which includes bombs, going to restaurants, and chatting up the locals.

This episode of Critical Hit is sponsored by Loot Crate. Go to lootcrate.com/critical and use the code critical to save $3.00 on your new subscription.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

Character sheets for characters at level 17 are available at members.majorspoilers.com

At Major Spoilers, we strive to create original content that you find interesting and entertaining. If you would like to support our efforts, please become a patron today.

[SDCC'16] IDW & Top Shelf announce SDCC 2016 Exclusives

[Toys] Planet X PX-07 Triton (Transformers 3rd Party Paddles) Review

1. July 9, 2016 at 6:30 pm — Reply

Another excellent rp episode, and now the party is on the cusp of the rescue attempt. Should be quite interesting!

2. July 9, 2016 at 7:11 pm — Reply

Great episode! I like that we’re exploring into Kenku culture a bit. This episode made me really hungry for fish and mangoes. D:

3. Ella
    July 10, 2016 at 12:41 am — Reply

Great episode as always. I’m always amazed at how wonderful both the players and Rodrigo are at roleplaying and quickly adapting to situations. Loved the fish song, I’m going to believe that it actually happened. Can’t wait for the next episode!

4. July 10, 2016 at 1:49 am — Reply

“One of them is an Eladrin wizard.”
    “I don’t know what that is.”
    “I know, right? They’re like elves, but even more fancy.”

I could practically hear the record-needle-scratch noise as somewhere in the market, Orem grimaced with disgust, not entirely knowing why.

5. July 10, 2016 at 2:15 pm — Reply

Given that Matthew kind of poked at the legitimacy of stealing the Assistant out of character, I was kind of disappointed that no one brought it up in character in any way — either questioning it if they felt it was an issue, or just congratulating Sparkle on her coup if they didn’t. (She got a sort of rushed, awkward, running-from-giant-angel-explodathon “Thanks!” from Randus in passing at the end of last ep, and then it just doesn’t come up again.)

And that’s because I’m not sure how I feel about it. The Gambler (I’ve gone back and listened to her name a bunch of times, and have no idea how to spell it) either won the Assistant fairly and has a moral right to it, or cheated (that stray unexplained arcana check), which would be a different interesting story peg. Obviously the commentors here were really emotionally invested in Randus getting the Assistant back, but right now, I have no idea whether the party members felt the same way at all — especially Ket, who was really noticeably silent on the issue after losing the game. Do they care that one of their party members just outright took something that didn’t belong to her anymore?

And it’s maybe only relevant because I can’t think of another case of the party just outright stealing things, unless you count looting the eladrin cave in the Fen Of Winter and leaving an IOU. (Or really, an “Dear eladrin, if you are alive, my awful dad owes you one cave full of stuff” note, but there’s no common abbreviation for that for some reason.) This feels new to me. Certainly not in a bad way, but in a way I was hoping to see examined a little, just to see where everyone’s heads are at.

• July 10, 2016 at 11:45 pm — Reply

Randus will have his revenge… why do you think Orem doesn’t sleep?

• July 11, 2016 at 9:26 am — Reply

Wait, his revenge on who? Does Orem not sleep because he doesn’t want to risk missing Randus’ revenge on Ket?

…I’m just going to assume this means there’s an upcoming episode where Randus decides to gamble away Gui in an attempt to win some magic beans.

6. GStefan
    July 24, 2016 at 11:24 pm — Reply

Man I was expecting better Kenku food. The waiter should have asked if they wanted grub and if they said yes, brought out a plate of live grubs. Or asked if they wanted the house special, sauteed earthworms. And if they balked at the earthworms asked them if they preferred them boiled with sauce on the side…….