Five upcoming 2016 Wizard World Comic Cons will be bonanzas for comic book fans when “Wizard World VIP” attendees receive six limited edition exclusive variant covers of three all-time favorite comics by three superstar artists at each event.
Only an extremely limited number of Wizard World VIPs at each event will receive the following highly collectible comics:
• Justice League of America #1 Wizard World Presents Comic Con Box Exclusive Die-Cut Variant Cover by Tyler Kirkham
• Justice League of America #1 Wizard World Presents Comic Con Box Exclusive Black & White Variant Cover by Tyler Kirkham
• Star Wars: Vader Down #1 Wizard World Presents Comic Con Box Exclusive Variant Cover by Mike Mayhew
• Star Wars: Vader Down #1 Wizard World Presents Comic Con Box Exclusive Black & White Variant Cover by Mike Mayhew
• Captain America #7 75th Anniversary Wizard World Presents Comic Con Box Exclusive Variant Cover by Mahmud Asrar
• Captain America #7 75th Anniversary Wizard World Presents Comic Con Box Exclusive Black & White Variant Cover by Mahmud Asrar
Note that the offer applies to “Wizard World VIPs” only; no celebrity VIPs include the comics, and only while supplies last. Dates of each show and quantities are as follows:
• Columbus, Ohio (July 29-31), 100 VIPs
• Richmond, Va. (Sept. 9-11), 100 VIPs
• Austin, Texas (Sept. 23-25), 100 VIPs
• Tulsa, Okla. (Oct. 21-23), 125 VIPs
• Pittsburgh (Nov. 4-6), 100 VIPs
While out on a drive, Barry Allen investigates a strange blue glow coming from a house, and ends up encountering Jasonar and Saranna, beings from the dimension known as Kalanor. Changing into the Flash, Barry learns that these aliens come from another dimension which has been under the rule of Despero, a despotic ruler who has access to super weapons. Jasonar and Saranna had come to Earth to build a device which would absorb the weapons’ power source. Offering to help, the Flash calls the Justice League together for a meeting in order to help Jasonar and Saranna in their mission to stop Despero. JLA #1 (1960) is written by Gardner Fox; the penciler is Mike Sekowski and the inker is Bernard Sachs.
When Darth Vader accidentally finds himself facing off against the Rebel Fleet on his own, the rebels will learn the true strength of the Dark Side of the Force! Once Vader crashes on a nearby planet, the Rebellion is willing to risk everything for this once-in-a-lifetime chance to take out one of their biggest enemies! Luke! Vader! Leia! Aphra! Han! Chewie! And all manner of Droid, good and evil! Star Wars: Vader Down #1 is written by Jason Aaron; art by Mike Deodado.
Since World War II, Steve Rogers has wielded his red, white and blue shield against unspeakable odds. When he fell, his brother in arms, Bucky Barnes, picked it up. When it was time to rest, he handed it to his good friend, Sam Wilson. But now Steve will be asked to wield it one last time, against a foe so deadly he knows it could very well be his final stand. Captain America #7 75th Anniversary Issue is written by Nick Spencer; art by Daniel Acuña.
Wizard World comic con and gaming events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, cosplay, comics, television, sci-fi, toys, video gaming, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
About Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, television, cosplay, comics, graphic novels, toys, video gaming, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also launched Wizard World Store (www.shopwizardworld.com), CONtv, a digital media channel in partnership with leading independent content distributor Cinedigm™ (NASDAQ: CIDM), and ComicConBox™ (www.comicconbox.com), a premium subscription-based monthly box service. Fans can interact with Wizard World on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The Wizard World 2016 schedule is available at: http://wizardworld.com/searchby/city/.