With the devastating news coming out of the UK today, there is at least one bright spot – when 2000 AD reaches its 2,000th issue in September, some of its most prominent creators will are returning as well.
Bolland (Batman: The Killing Joke), McMahon (The Last American), Gibbons (Watchmen), and O’Neill (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) are just some of the incredible talent to return – this issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987, as well as a brand new series by Peter Milligan (X-Statix, Hellblazer) and a poster featuring specially commissioned artwork.
The line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
· A special one-off Judge Dredd story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra
· Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill reunite for a special Nemesis the Warlock story
· Psi-Judge Anderson has another psychic case from Alan Grant and David Roach
· Sinister Dexter hit the road, courtesy of Dan Abnett and Mark Sexton
· A mysterious prisoner has a tale to tell in Rogue Trooper: Ghosts of Nu Earth by Gordon Rennie and Richard Elson
· Brand-new identity-theft thriller Counterfeit Girl by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo debuts.
· Plus, interlude pages from Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, Robin Smith, and more.
2000 AD #2000 is set to arrive in September.