Growing up, a lot of time was spent in front of the television learning social skills, spelling, and why you should always believe in an invisible hairy elephant. Sometimes the worlds created in children’s television shows are so magical and fun that we wished we could actually live there.  Which brings us to this week’s Major Spoilers Poll of the Week!

Best fictional children's series you would live in(Comment)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

[Preview] Over the Garden Wall #2

[Preview] Zombie Tramp #23 (NSFW)

1. May 24, 2016 at 11:34 am — Reply

I only know Sesame Street out of this list of TV programmes and therefore will vote for living there. Also, and more importantly I’d get to hang out with Cookie Monster! Cookie Monster! No other reason need be given.

2. Jon Arvedon
    May 24, 2016 at 12:45 pm — Reply

A giant, walking bird – a green deadbeat that lives in a trash can – a blue, cookie-addicted monster! Sesame Street is a no-brainier.

3. BigJim
    May 24, 2016 at 1:04 pm — Reply

Many will automatically jump to The Street because of monsters and games, and what not. But, being different – I’m going to say The Hood.

Here’s why – Mr. Rogers is one of the shows that I can go back to and sing almost every song that was used. They had real jazz musicians in studio when they filmed! A four year old me got to meet Wynton Marseilles and hear him play HIS music, not some parody. I was able to learn about how they made Mr Rogers, WHILE I WATCHED Mr Rogers (talk about inception) – this is where I learned about lighting, and sound direction, and how the use of focal points with models makes things seem huge, and puppets – they never did any of that on Sesame Street.

Besides (sing it with me):

“It’s such a good feeling, to know you’re alive
    It’s such a happy feeling, you’re growing inside
    And when you wake up ready to say,
    I think I’ll make a snappy new day (snap snap)
    it’s such a good feeling, a very good feeling

That I’ll be back, when the day is through – and I’ll have more ideas for you
    and you’ll have things you’ll want to talk about… I… will… too…”

I wrote that from memory, didn’t look it up…

4. Russ Catt
    May 24, 2016 at 1:38 pm — Reply

Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood.
    I’d love to live in an idealized version of the 1970’s and 80’s where everyone treated their neighbors with kindness, generosity and respect. A world where my young son could visit an elderly neighbor and “his land of make-believe” without concern or even the appearance of impropriety.
    Oh, for those halcyon days.

• BigJim
      May 24, 2016 at 2:41 pm — Reply

amen

5. May 24, 2016 at 4:12 pm — Reply

The Electric company had Spiderman! What more can you ask!!!

6. May 24, 2016 at 5:15 pm — Reply

What about Captain Kangaroo?

• May 24, 2016 at 11:23 pm — Reply

No one wants to live in a world where you have to worry about ping-pong balls dropping on your head… :)

• May 25, 2016 at 4:59 pm — Reply

My favorite part of the show

7. Joel Snipes
    May 25, 2016 at 4:35 pm — Reply

I voted for Mr Rogers Neighborhood but I bet Bob Ross’ neighbor would be a great place to live.

8. b003
    May 27, 2016 at 6:51 pm — Reply

Original Electric Company, Jennifer of the Jungle!