Top-FiveLOGO3Top Five Television Theme Songs

Top Five is a show where the hosts categorize, rank, compare, and stratify everything… from cars to gadgets to people and movies. From stuff that is hot, and things that are not nearly as interesting – it’s Top Five.

This week, we dive back into our childhoods, and look at movies that we loved as kids, but don’t hold up today.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

At Major Spoilers, we strive to create original content that you find interesting and entertaining. If you would like to support our efforts, please become a patron today.

[Movies] Wonder Woman release date pushed up

[Televsion] Here is your first look at Guillermo del Toro's Trollhunters

1. Bryan
    April 7, 2016 at 11:34 am — Reply

Booo, Mathew! I actually like Star Trek: The Motion Picture. It feels more serious, like the later seasons of The Next Generation.

2. April 7, 2016 at 1:39 pm — Reply

I have exactly same experience with Rodrigo about He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe. I didn’t think it was that good even as a kid.

3. April 8, 2016 at 3:27 am — Reply

On a holiday with family about 8 years ago, we were flipping through the channels one evening and happened upon The Goonies which had only just started. I’m in my early thirties at this point, hadn’t seen the movie in ages, and was immediately hit by the nostalgia train.

But. BUT. What I didn’t realize is that the TV in the rental place had motion interpolation switched on, and I could only bear about 15 minutes of the movie with the Soap Opera Effect in full force, as the goofy sound stage sets, fake props and stilted acting all seemed to be painfully magnified. The rose tinted glasses fell to the floor pretty quickly, and I’ve not watched it since. I think I’ll stick to memories instead – because MEMORY Goonies is badass. Oh, and the NES game and its endlessly repetitive soundtrack will forever be fabulous.

4. Jeffrey C
    April 9, 2016 at 7:02 am — Reply

I completely disagree with Stephen. I have recently watched Goonies and I still love it.

1. Ewoks: Caravan of Courage & The Ewok Adventure. Don’t get me wrong I still love these movies but its based purely on nostalgia.
    2. Howard the Duck. I thought this was such a cool movie as a kid. I laughed so much. Now as an adult, knowing the history of Howard and knowing what good movies are, this is a stinker.
    3. Flight of the Navigator. I love this movie. I watched it the night we were robbed and it holds a special place in my heart but man it doesn’t hold up anymore.

5. Nick S.
    April 9, 2016 at 1:31 pm — Reply

Might I suggest Jason Alexander = “Dunston Checks In”.

6. Mel
    April 20, 2016 at 11:29 pm — Reply

My science project just got released on blu ray