With the release of the UH-MAY-ZING Black Widow #1 from Chris Samnee and Mark Said (and friends!) my favorite Avenger not named “Janet”, “Jennifer” or “Edwin” is back in solo title action where she belongs.  Since my favorite Defender, The Silver Surfer, already has his own book, now we just need Supergirl, Nightcrawler and Matter-Eater Lad going it alone to finish the game, leading us to today’s Lone Wolf McQuery…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) wouldn’t mind Tim Drake getting a book again, either, asking: Which favorite character would headline your most-wanted solo title or series?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

The Want List: Unboxing WizKids DC Comics Dice Masters World's Finest

[Props] Check out this build of Rey's Blaster, then make your own

1. March 3, 2016 at 12:35 pm — Reply

Tommy Oliver, who as of Super Megaforce somehow had access to both his MMPR Green and White Ranger powers again, and as far as I know never lost his Red Zeo Ranger powers (they needed stronger powers for Turbo, but didn’t lose the Zeo powers and he used the Red Zeo Ranger powers in “Forever Red”). We’re getting comics set in the days of MMPR, so why not a comic series that focuses on present day Tommy and expands on what he’s done? He was keeping tabs on other teams as of “Power Rangers Dino Thunder” and, as I mentioned, he already somehow regained two powers he previously lost, so I have to imagine he isn’t just sitting back letting evil happen when he could be out there doing something about it.

2. DamienR
    March 3, 2016 at 2:21 pm — Reply

Your use in the first sentence in “Avengers” and “Solo” so close together naturally made me realise how much I loved Marvel’s Two-In-One featuring the Thing (what?).

His solo title run was even more fun.

It’s about time Ben got his own book back!

3. March 3, 2016 at 3:00 pm — Reply

Let’s see: I had few characters in mind, but most of all, Jonah Hex. Weird western book would diversify DC titles and both his recent appearances were good books.

4. Ian
    March 3, 2016 at 8:41 pm — Reply

Cheeks the Toy Wonder ongoing

5. Kirby
    March 3, 2016 at 8:46 pm — Reply

#1 Elongated Man & Sue Dibny title. Call it ‘The Dibnys’ and let’s have some fun mystery type tales. (I know there’s essentially no chance Mark Waid would write it given his relationship with DC, but it would be awesome. Paul Dini or Gail Simone would be my back up choices.)

Jonah Hex I would like to have a solo title back, maybe written by Garth Ennis. (If nothing else than to retcon the ending of Palmiotti & Gray’s otherwise solid run.)

6. March 4, 2016 at 7:53 am — Reply

My first go to would be Plastic Man. He is long overdue for a solo book again. For someone even longer overdue who I’m pretty sure will never see another solo book, 3-D man. But, then again, never say never…

7. DamienR
    March 4, 2016 at 9:12 am — Reply

Can I s-s-say that s-s-since the Vision family has their own c-c-comic book, it owuld be ni-ni-nice to see other metal men and their n-n-nameless girlfriends headlining their own title!

8. March 6, 2016 at 5:35 am — Reply

From the far flung future, I would love to see a pre-Crisis Dream Girl series. Throwing away her hotness factor, she is one of the smartest and most resourceful members of the Legion. Just ask Universo.
    I would love to also see a return to the Christine Spar Grendel.
    Lastly, one of my favorite X-Men Maggot could come back from the dead (If he truly was, Eenie or Meenie could have something to do with that) He was one of the oddest ever and that gave a lot of potential for a long series if treated correctly.