Occasionally, your humble MS-QOTD makes the foolish decision to write while hungry.  Having spent the last couple of days at home with a sick child, I’ve had limited lunch options, boiling down to “bologna and cheese” or “delivery.”  Of course, in my remote area of town, “delivery” equals “a pizza”, which means figuring out what to put on it.  My household has issues, in that the kid doesn’t like peppers, one adult doesn’t like mushrooms, and one wants to stick pineapple on every pizza, regardless of whether it makes any sense.  Occasionally, The Widget and I will get one with anchovies that no one else will get near, but there is nearly always some sort of topping conflict, leading us to today’s thin-crust with onions query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) has been able to choke down a few ham-only pizzas, thanks to an extremely spendthrift workplace, but prefers a pie with at least a couple of meat options on it or a Pizza Hut Super Supreme, asking: What toppings go on your hypothetical pizza?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

1st & Goal Review

[Television] DREDD campaign gets backing from 2000AD

1. January 13, 2016 at 11:34 am — Reply

I get my pizza from ethnic restaurants at least nine times out of ten and since those Turkish guys do pretty sweet kebab, my toppings include kebab meat and jalapenos almost every time. Rest of the toppings usually change with my mood. I like almost anything.

2. @HeyTonyAbbott
    January 13, 2016 at 11:43 am — Reply

Being limited by what my wife will eat, we do the Pepperoni, Olive, Mushroom, & Green Pepper. (Our son protests and picks off the peppers)

3. January 13, 2016 at 11:46 am — Reply

My go-to for a quick delivery fix is pepperoni with sausage and/or black olives depending on my mood, but sometimes my friends and I pick up this amazing pizza from the local mom n’ pop joint with white sauce, grilled chicken, bacon bits, little chunks of baked potatoes, and ranch dressing. I know potatoes on a pizza sounds weird but it’s an absolutely wonderful little heart attack in a box.

4. Leftenant Analogy
    January 13, 2016 at 11:56 am — Reply

My go to when it comes to pizza, is a home-made one. The bread is made from a mix of fine and coarse flour, and the topping usually are Mozzarella, paprika, spring onion, corn, cashew nuts, and (usually) chicken marinated in hoi sin sauce.

5. Waldo Butters
    January 13, 2016 at 12:00 pm — Reply

As the great Harry Dresden once said, ” I want slaughtered animals.” Give me a meat lovers. If people insist on adding veggies, I can live with that. If their are fish or fruit involved, I will throw said pizza on a blazing bonfire and beg for the Pizza god’s, C’zar’s, forgivness.

6. January 13, 2016 at 2:28 pm — Reply

I’m gonna have to go with Spinach, Chicken and sweetcorn. Num num num.

7. Loudmouth Takashi Miike
    January 13, 2016 at 2:47 pm — Reply

Eggplant! It can have a meaty texture, it is never greasy, and I pretend that it magically turns pizza into a health food.

Did Big Pizza pay for this MS-QOTD?

8. January 14, 2016 at 3:24 pm — Reply

Thin crust with white sauce, mozzarella cheese, spinach and black olives is my current favorite. Something a friend loves and I gave it a try and have been hooked ever since. I’ll eat almost any pizza without mushrooms since I’m allergic, but I really like this one.

9. January 16, 2016 at 3:40 am — Reply

Pepperoni and Mozzarella go on every pizza and I also like to add ham and bacon.