The age-old quandary in comics boils down to one thing: Who do you like best?  Questions of who would win a fight are always subjective (as the Wolverine/Lobo precedent of 1993 will clearly show), while discussions of power-level are meaningless (Batman has fought super-strong guys before; Spider-Man has brainy skillz of his own) and any argument about superior costumes will inevitable end in tears.  So, when it’s all said and done, there’s that certain je ne sais quoi that always make the decision.  Trust your feelings, you know in your heart what is true, leading to today’s entirely subjective query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) has an opinion, predicated on which one might be able to lift a city bus, but I don’t want to skew the results of the poll, asking: Spider-Man Or Batman?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

[Art] Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Scott Wegener

[Television] Jewel Staite Joins Legends of Tomorrow

1. January 7, 2016 at 12:10 pm — Reply

My favorite DC hero and my favorite Marvel hero? Tough. I have always had an appreciation for both of these guys, but the Bat is my favorite.

My dad let me stay up late and watch the old Adam West shows as a kid, and I have loved the character ever since. While Spider-Man is definitely cool, funny, and a great interpretation of a nerdy guy gaining powers, I like Batman because he doesn’t rely on powers, but rather people.

Alfred, Dick, Barbara, Tim, Gordon, his parents, and the city have always driven Batman to do amazing things. That will power is super human! Spidey has a great collection of family as well, but the Bat-Family has been through the ringer.

Give me Batman!

2. January 7, 2016 at 12:23 pm — Reply

Though I do enjoy both characters, I’ve always like Spider-Man more than Batman. I think it is his optimism that appeals to me more than anything. Some incarnations of Batman are more optimistic than others, and Spider-Man has had his down days, but overall he seems much more positive in the face of anything compared to broody Batman.

3. Adakr Wiwau
    January 7, 2016 at 12:30 pm — Reply

Spider-man wins hands down. He is stronger, he can lift a city bus. He is faster and more agile, and that is without adding in his spider-sense. I will admit both men are brilliant in their own respective ways I don’t feel either one comes out on top in that catagory. Spider-man may only be trained in the art of Kung-fu but what he may lack in combat training he makes up for with his spider-sense.

4. Mike
    January 7, 2016 at 12:45 pm — Reply

Spider-Man by far. While both characters are defined by loss, Spider-Man always seemed to have a much better reason to do what he does, in order to honor his Uncle, rather than for revenge.

For a fight? Spider-Man is precognitive, super strong, and super agile. Even if Batman had time to prepare, I think Spidey would come out on top.

5. January 7, 2016 at 12:58 pm — Reply

I’ve read more Batman so I think that skews me towards Bruce. Spidey has never quite captured my attention in the same way.

6. Chux
    January 7, 2016 at 1:39 pm — Reply

Batman. Unfortunately, Spidey lost me all the way back in the Clone Saga, and although some stories have been interesting, between the Clones, Mephisto and Doc Ock, he definitely lost me.

7. Juan
    January 7, 2016 at 4:29 pm — Reply

I decided to start reading ultimate spiderman (ultimate collection trades) after listening to GHL podcast, and this reinvigorated how much I enjoy Spider-Man. I have always been more of a Peter Parker fan than Bruce Wayne fan so it probably is skewed. But for me Peter Parker seemed more human than Bruce Wayne, or more I identified with him. So Spider-Man all the way! Plus Japanese Spider-Man has a giant mecha!

8. Ian
    January 7, 2016 at 6:22 pm — Reply

Denny O’Neil & Neal Adams Batman

9. Luis Dantas
    January 7, 2016 at 9:01 pm — Reply

Spider-Man all the way. Never been much of a fan of Batman, particularly since Crisis.