Maybe I’m weird, maybe my years in small-market TV stations have warped me, but I occasionally like to watch afternoon talk shows.  It’s a harmless way to kill an hour, and once in a while, you get great ideas.  Remember when Oprah would gift everyone in the studio audience with expensive stuff so people could get on her level (while supplies last)?  If I were rich and famous, that’s the kinda thing I’d want for my talk show, handing out ‘Howard The Duck’ omnibuses and ‘Firefly’ box sets, leading to today’s effusive query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) is a casual fan of a great many things, but would share my fandom love with a Legion flight ring, a 12 Doctors box set and a photo opportunity with Ashley Williams, asking:  If you got to be “Oprah For A Day,” what THREE pop-culture Favorite Things would you gift to your hypothetical audience?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

[Gaming] Wizard World cancels Wizard World Gaming Atlanta - moves to Portland instead

[Solicitations] Titan Comics announces Independence Day series

1. December 23, 2015 at 11:31 am — Reply

Star Wars blu ray set, Absolute All-Star Superman and Nintendo console with Super Mario Maker.

2. December 23, 2015 at 11:54 am — Reply

1 – A Sonic Screwdriver replica. Either the one that has actual screwdriver heads or the one that is a remote control.
    2 – Star Wars Ultimate FX Lightsaber toys. Cheaper than the Force FX replicas, but that just means you’ll be more willing to play with them.
    3 – A gift card for Toys R Us. Doesn’t matter how old anyone is, there is bound to be something there they would like, from toys to video games to board games and so on.

3. DamienR
    December 23, 2015 at 12:01 pm — Reply

A BritCom DVD box set – includes the complete runs of Black Adder, A Bit of Fry & Laurie, Monty Python’s Flying Circus and ‘Allo ‘Allo.

A two-hour live concert performance by William Shatner. Includes a special ‘virtual duet’ with the late Leonard Nimoy on ‘The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins’ (a la Celine Dion & Frank Sinatra’s ‘All The Way’).

Copies of Watchmen, V for Vendetta and the Squadron Supreme trade (but not the one with Gruenwald’s ashes).

4. Ram_evilspaceknight
    December 24, 2015 at 5:23 am — Reply

1) The Harmy edit of Star Wars despecialised edition. Check out originaltrilogy.com
    2) Preacher box set
    3) A MAME cabinet loaded with every arcade game from the 70’s through the 90’s

5. bob
    December 24, 2015 at 7:07 am — Reply

I certainly would not tease them with a big pic of The Legion to suck them in to read an article.And have nothing about the Legion in the article!

• December 24, 2015 at 9:45 am — Reply

In the bottom paragraph when Matthew lists his three things, there is technically something about the Legion in the article:
      “… but would share my fandom love with a LEGION FLIGHT RING, a 12 Doctors box set and a photo opportunity with Ashley Williams…”

But I do see your point. I get the same feeling when the MS-QOTD has images of Super Sentai but the question has only a vague connection to the themes of the franchise.

• December 24, 2015 at 10:21 am — Reply

Generally speaking, the MS-QOTD images are thematic-only. I don’t think we’d get many responses if I were asking which rhinocerous-themed senshi is coolest.

(Gekichopper.)

• December 24, 2015 at 10:18 am — Reply

The Legion is, and always has been, one of my favorite things…

• bob
        December 25, 2015 at 6:43 am — Reply

Thanks for the response guys! I too love the Legion and have since before the Great Darkness Saga. The Legion pictured is,and always will be ,my favourite Legion.