Want to make your next get together totally awesome? Then you’ll want to adorn your deli platter and cookie trays with a super hero theme. Downtown Books has announced it is going back to the kitchen with The Official DC Super Hero CookBook – Deluxe Edition.
Written by Matthew Mead, the Official DC Super Hero Cookbook contains:
- more than 60 recipes—from super simple sandwiches and sides to more complicated entrées and colorful desserts
- lots of Pinterest-worthy serving ideas—from wrapping juice boxes in comic panels to adding masks made of tape to drink glasses, and much, much more)
- 7 super hero symbol stencils—Use the stencils and add a powdered sugar Bat-Signal to French toast to make irresistible Gotham City Egg Bread. Or paint Green Lantern’s symbol onto mozzarella for the ultimate Green Energy Sandwich. The stencils are also perfect for cookie decorating.
- 28 cardboard cutouts—Jazz up any plate with a mini character or logo! Position Aquaman so he is swimming out of a sandwich or Green Arrow so he looks like he is shooting an arrow through your breakfast. Cut out the names, symbols, and characters and use them to decorate food containers and lunchbox items.
- 3 sensational cookie cutters—a bat symbol, a lightning bolt, and an S-shield!
If that wasn’t enough to sell you, then there you might want to take a gander at the names of some of the recipes names:
- Up, Up, and away Yogurt Parfait
- Plastic man Cheesy Breakfast Toasties
- Martian Manhunter’s Mediterranean Pita
- X-ray Vision Carrot salad
- Speed-of-light Sweet Potatoes
- Firestorm’s Roasted Corn salad
- Man of Steel Burger
- Heat Vision Grilled Cheese
- Power ring Pasta
- Batcave Chicken Stew
- Cupcake Crusaders
- Batman Blackout Cake
- Fortress of Solitude Crystal Cake
- Greenarrow Fruit Kebobs
- Kryptonite Krunch
The Kryptonite Krunch definitely sounds like a winner to me.
Let’s be honest for a second, you could probably make all of this stuff without a cookbook, but as a parent of a kid who is starting to show interest in cooking and food prep for the family meal, this book might be that gateway tome that moves the kid from “Dad, make me a sammich!” to “Hey Dad, can we make this Man of Steel Burger together?”
The hardcover book is available now with a cover price of $26.99.