If you missed grabbing all of the hip-hop variants from Marvel, the publisher is giving you a second chance with the Hip-Hop Variant Sampler issue.
At the intersection of Marvel comics and the world of hip-hop, this unique line of variant covers inspired by some of the most iconic and well received albums of all time has garnered mass-media attention the world over. Now, Marvel is starting 2016 off by bringing these sold-out covers back to comic shops!
“The Hip-Hop Variant Sampler is our way of saying thank you to the fans, but also to the retailers who have made All-New, All-Different Marvel a massive success,” says Marvel SVP, Sales & Marketing David Gabriel in a prepared press release. “With the Hip-Hop variant covers being such a huge draw, our goal is to draw fans back to their local comic shop after the holidays end.”
Here is the rundown of variants and artists in the sampler:
- Invincible Iron Man #1 by Brian Stelfreeze
- Doctor Strange #1 by Juan Doe
- Ms. Marvel #1 by Jenny Frison
- Extraordinary X-Men #1 by Sanford Greene
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 by Jeffrey Veregge
- All-New, All-Different Avengers #1 by Jim Cheung
- Amazing Spider-Man #1 by Mike Del Mundo
- Contest of Champions #1 by Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz
- Vision #1 by Vanesa Del Ray
- All-New X-Men #1 by Ed Piskor
- Web Warriors #1 by Damion Scott
- All-New Inhumans #1 by Marco D’Alfonso
- All-New Wolverine #1 by Keron Grant
- Captain America: Sam Wilson #1 by Mahmud Asrar
The Hip-Hop Variant Sampler will be 32 pages of TOTALLY FREE from Marvel, and will arrive at your local comic shop on January 8, 2016.