Recently, while channel-surfing, I was confronted by eleven-year-old Widget about my flipping habits, specifically the fact that I will ALWAYS stop and watch ‘Moulin Rouge!’ if it’s on.  After informing her that, as the parent, I get to do what I want as revenge for having to watch Lawrence Welk as a child, I expounded upon the wonderfully ludicrous beauty of the film, including watching an Scotsman and an Australian woman trying to keep the same RP accent.  Given the complexity of the movie’s dance sequences and how much I enjoy a jukebox musical, ‘Moulin Rouge!’ never gets old for me, even where favorite movies (like ‘Zardoz’ and ‘Heavy Metal’) fall short, leading us to today’s stop-collaborate-and-listen query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) will also always stop to watch ‘Super Troopers’, ‘Her’, ‘The Black Hole’ and ‘Godspell’, which probably puts me on some sort of watchlist, asking: What are your Must-Watch Movies?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

[Movies] Marvel Studios fallout continues as "Creative Committee" gets the axe

[Teaser] The Totally Awesome Hulk is...

1. TheGreatNateO
    September 3, 2015 at 11:43 am — Reply

The Princess Bride, DUNE, TRON, The Black Hole, The Last Starfighter, Airplane, Tommy Boy, Gross Point Blank, The Fifth Element, Hudson Hawk, Grease 2, Robocop, and if they would ever put it on again The Pirate Movie! Now I’m sure there are much more but these are my, must stop and drop everything and finish watching it.

2. Malone_hasco
    September 3, 2015 at 11:43 am — Reply

Star Wars Trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Godfather, Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Fight Club, Rocky & Rambo, anything with Bruce Lee. Those came first to my mind.

3. DamienR
    September 3, 2015 at 12:46 pm — Reply

The Princess Bride, The Producers, Airplane, The Wedding Singer, Ready to Rumble, The Usual Suspects, and anything Muppet-starring.

4. September 3, 2015 at 12:51 pm — Reply

– The original Star Wars trilogy and the Star Wars The Clone Wars animated movie
    – The Princess Bride
    – Any of the Japanese giant monster movies such as Godzilla, Gamera, Mothra and so on
    – Ghostbusters
    – MST3K The Movie
    – Serenity
    – The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I could go on, but these are those that I’m most likely to see on TV and drop just about everything to watch. I actually had a much longer list before I realized many of those I listed are movies I haven’t seen on TV in many years such as “Billy Jack” or the BBC mini-series version of “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”.

5. Jeffrey Corbello
    September 3, 2015 at 4:37 pm — Reply

Breakfast Club.
    Its always Breakfast Club. It will always be Breakfast Club.

6. AmFan15
    September 3, 2015 at 5:56 pm — Reply

Movies that I DO stop at whenever they play on TV:
    The Avengers
    The Princess Bride
    Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
    Shaun Of The Dead
    Rounders

Movies I WOULD stop at if they ever showed on TV:
    Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
    The Monster Squad
    Gremlins (1 & 2)

• Brenning Dragonbred
      September 4, 2015 at 7:46 am — Reply

I actually stopped midshow on Netflix when I heard The Monster Squad was available a few days ago. Not quite the same thing as stopping while channel surfing, but close enough.

• AmFan15
        September 4, 2015 at 12:52 pm — Reply

OMG, I totally did not know that Monster Squad was on Netflix! Going to watch it RIGHT NOW!

Thanks, Brenning Dragonbred!!!

7. Cody
    September 3, 2015 at 8:01 pm — Reply

Blazing Saddles
    Bruce Lee movies

8. Jason
    September 3, 2015 at 10:43 pm — Reply

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, as well as any Resident Evil movie. I’ve never seen one start to finish, and I’ve only seen them out of order, but there is something about those films, terrible as they are, that draws me in every time.

9. Rob
    September 4, 2015 at 2:46 am — Reply

The Malteze Falcon
    Princess Bride
    Bladerunner
    Shawshank Redemption
    Mad Max:Fury Road

10. Kirby
    September 4, 2015 at 5:58 am — Reply

Animal House, Jaws, Big Lebowski, Dirty Harry, Hot Fuzz, Wrath of Khan.

11. September 4, 2015 at 7:07 am — Reply