Following the successful, precedent setting two-day CONtv LIVE live-streaming program from Wizard World Comic Con Chicago last weekend, CONtv continues to innovate in the space with a virtual ‘Con’ beginning today and ending Friday, September 4. The virtual Con will offer fans backstage access, showcasing the highlights from Chicago, including exclusive top Celebrity Q&A moments, interviews, workshops, game play and more – available only on CONtv.
Additionally, CONtv announced it has surpassed 500,000 App downloads across a broad spectrum of connected devices including Android and Mac iOS, Samsung Smart TV, Roku Players and Roku TV. CONtv is a partnership between Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) and Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD).
“Fanboys and fangirls loved CONtv LIVE and wanted more,” said Chris McGurk, Chairman and CEO, Cinedigm. “I’m thrilled we can bring them their favorite panels, celebrities, interviews, and behind the scenes video game play straight to their homes. Going forward, live-streaming will play a pivotal role on CONtv, offering unprecedented access to a variety of Comic Cons, fan events and gatherings nationwide.”
“It was great having all of the top Comic Con celebrities, like Jeremy Renner, Michael Rooker, Stephen Amell, Burt Reynolds, Bruce Campbell, Eli Roth and Lorenza Izzo, Zach McGowan and so many other guests come hang out with us on the CONtv backstage set,” said CONtv LIVE weekend co-host Erin Darling. “Hopefully, audiences at home will have as much fun watching as we had filming!”
The Virtual CON lineup will include:
· Wizard World Comic Con Chicago highlights featuring Jeremy Renner (Avengers, Mission Impossible), Ben McKenzie (“Gotham”), Stephen Amell (“Arrow”), the legendary man with the mustache Burt Reynolds (Cannonball Run, “Archer”) and Ian Somerhalder (“Vampire Diaries,” “Lost”)
· Expert discussions on Deadpool, Racism in Comics, filmmaking, horror, superheroes, and vampires
· Gameplay with the cast of Mortal Kombat X while discussing the new game
· Hangouts with filmmakers from the Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival, including a sit down with some of the creative minds behind “Tales of Halloween,” a new horror film anthology and an exclusive interview with Eli Roth (Hostel, Inglorious Bastards)to discuss his upcoming movie The Green Inferno.
· Highlights from cast of Evil Dead and Evil Dead II reunion hosted by Bruce Campbell. Guests include Ted Raimi, Betsy Baker, Sarah Berry, Kassie DePaiva, Ellen Sandweiss, Teresa Tilly, Danny Hicks
· Top moments from Cosplay LIVE! Competition featuring guest judges and professional Cosplayers Heather 1337, Jenifer Ann and Toby Markham aka Sith Camaro along with celebrity judge Jason David Frank
· And more!
Catering to Comic Con attendees, voracious entertainment enthusiasts and super fans, CONtv currently boasts 2,500 hours of original programming. With curated films and TV episodes as well as exclusive Comic Con panel coverage from dozens of annual nationwide conventions and original episodic series, CONtv adds new programming to the service weekly. Spanning star studded panels with pop culture heroes such as William Shatner (Star Trek), Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk), and Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead, the forthcoming series Ash vs Evil Dead), to the best in cosplay, creator workshops, Con after hours events, and more, CONtv is the only service to offer Comic Con event coverage alongside premium feature film, television, and original programming curated for the fan community.
Cinedigm is leveraging its library of programming rights, infrastructure, technology and distribution expertise to rapidly become a leader in the quickly evolving over-the-top digital network business. Cinedigm’s first channel, DOCURAMA, launched in May 2014 and CONtv premiered in early 2015. Cinedigm’s third OTT channel, DOVE CHANNEL, is launching in early Fall 2015 targeted at families and children seeking high quality and family friendly content approved by Dove Foundation.
About Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (http://www.wizardworld.com) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, television, cosplay, comics, graphic novels, toys, video gaming, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also launched CONtv, a digital media channel in partnership with leading independent content distributor Cinedigm™ (NASDAQ: CIDM), and ComicConBox™, a premium subscription-based monthly box service. Fans can interact with Wizard World on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The 2015 Wizard World Comic Con schedule is available at: www.wizardworld.com/wizcon.html.
About Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM)
Cinedigm is a leading independent content distributor in the United States, with direct relationships with thousands of physical retail storefronts and digital platforms, including Wal-Mart, Target, iTunes, Netflix, and Amazon, as well as the national Video on Demand platform on cable television. The company’s library of films and TV episodes encompasses award-winning documentaries from Docurama Films®, next-gen Indies from Flatiron Film Company®, acclaimed independent films and festival picks through partnerships with the Sundance Institute and Tribeca Films and a wide range of content from brand name suppliers, including National Geographic, Discovery, Scholastic, NFL, Shout Factory, Hallmark, Jim Henson and more. www.cinedigm.com