In the 21st century, it seems like everybody has a tattoo.  (Yes, I am aware that this statement is hyperbole.  There’s no need to try to refute me, we’re going someplace with this!)  There are two major obstacles to me getting ink of my own, one of which is an Irishwoman about six feet tall.  The other is my indecisive nature, making it nearly impossible to order at Arby’s without regret, much less the decision to get a ‘Sports Night’ logo on my forearm or starship Serenity across my chest.  Fortunately for me, we’re on the intarwebz, where we can theorize to our hearts’ content, leading to today’s indelible query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) might fail in finding one thing I know I’d want to wear on my skin forever, but I could maybe get the whole ‘Human Enigma’ look with a broad selection of superheroes past, asking: What single fictional character would you choose to be on your hypothetical tattoo?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Black Tiger #1 Review

[Conventions] Wizard World Comic Con Pittsburgh Attendees to Receive 'The Walking Dead #1' Limited Edition Exclusive Variant Cover By Jim Rugg, September 11-13

1. August 30, 2015 at 11:35 am — Reply

None. Im pretty much all or nothing style with tattoos, so if I ever got one, it would be one of those big whole back covering yakuza style things, full color and all. If I absolutely had to pick one, it would probably rather be the symbol of the character, like “S” shield or such.

2. sebastian
    August 30, 2015 at 11:48 am — Reply

I have the batman emblem as a tatto already

3. August 30, 2015 at 2:34 pm — Reply

I’m not very interested in the idea of getting an actual character as my tattoo, but I have off and on considered getting an 8-bit style Black Mage from the Final Fantasy franchise.

However, I’m more open to the idea of getting symbols or other non-character images. I have planned for several years (since I was 7 or 8, so close to 30 years) to get an Imperial logo from Star Wars, but I just have not yet had the opportunity to have it done.

4. Armaan
    August 31, 2015 at 1:43 am — Reply

I’ve got Stephanie Hans’ Kid Loki on my arm, from the final panel of Gillen’s run.

5. Doug Romshe
    August 31, 2015 at 11:23 am — Reply

I have the comedy and tragedy masks as played by The Joker and Batman, respectively. I am currently designing a sleeve with the Endless from Sandman, but that is a much bigger project. The important thing is to pick a character that won’t be out of print by the time your grandchildren ask you, “who is that funny person on your neck?” and you have to explain that it’s from a comic that got cancelled at issue six, thirty years ago but it had a sweet chromium, holofoil, clear, variant cover. The nineties were a confusing time. Jimmy…

6. Doug Romshe
    August 31, 2015 at 11:28 am — Reply

For you, Matthew, I suggest a tattoo of Fredric Wertham reading an issue of Crossed.