CHLegacyofGhostsBanner

In this installment of Critical Hit – On the plus side, the undead aren’t running around, as the team visits the plague district.

Today’s show is brought to you by Audible, please visit audiblepodcast.com/criticalhit for your free audiobook download.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

[signoff predefined=”PayPal Donation” icon=”icon-users”][/signoff]

Black Canary #3 Review

[Preview] X-O Manowar #40

1. John
    August 29, 2015 at 10:51 am — Reply

So how many perfect stars does that make? the twins, the spectural, and this mystery one, right? Did we every get any lore on their orgin?

Great episode everyone, looking forward to next week so we can learn what crazy place the party is taken next!

• August 29, 2015 at 12:55 pm — Reply

I don’t remember the exact names or how many, but I believe there were several listed during Celestial Crusade. That’s good incentive to go back and listen to those episodes!

2. Intense Wizardry
    August 29, 2015 at 11:09 am — Reply

2 questions:
    #1 Are we finally getting that Ket sheet today?
    #2 Is next week really a mailbag?

• August 29, 2015 at 12:21 pm — Reply

1) This weekend
      2) Keep listening to find out!

• August 29, 2015 at 12:56 pm — Reply

I think “mailbag” might be one of the alternate dimensions they discovered, lol!

• Fwipp
        August 29, 2015 at 3:16 pm — Reply

The mailbag dimension: Welcome to Nightvale

3. Ricco
    August 29, 2015 at 6:36 pm — Reply

On the subject of the Wing Triskelion, remember when Randus got his hand on it and accidentally ended up in a dimension with what was supposed to be the original Critical Hit party?

God I hope this dimensions are left overs from when he weaponised the reality warping device and blew up the Void Gods!

Wouldn’t it be neat to have this whole season end up being about saving multiverses were Randus is God since he bascially created them?

• August 30, 2015 at 1:58 pm — Reply

I usually don’t come in for corrections, but I’m worried that people will read this and go forth with the wrong idea.

1) the issues you’re referring to were caused by Penelope’s Chronometer, not the Wing Triskelion
      2) There was no dimensional travel, there were some temporal shenanigans, but everyone the PCs met on that adventure is a resident of the same dimension and is still somewhere out there (assuming they didn’t die).
      3) Due to the last point it goes without saying but those characters were not “what the original CH party was supposed to be.” I just named one character after Matthew’s wife’s pitch just to throw in the easter egg.

Ok, I think that’s everything. Thanks for listening!

• Ricco
        August 30, 2015 at 4:29 pm — Reply

Oops, sorry to have forced you to come correct me.

Thank you very much for deviating from the norm and doing it thou, I love trying (and failing) to imagine what will happen next in Critical Hit, most movies, tv-shows, comics, manga and what not I can see the twists coming a mile away.

Critical Hit thou? Not so much, which is one of the reason I always look forward to Saturday!

• August 30, 2015 at 8:35 pm — Reply

to be fair, that was probably the most confusing CH storyline, so you shouldn’t feel bad. I think I have players who are still a little shaky on it.

• August 30, 2015 at 8:54 pm — Reply

I understood it perfectly, but I read Legion of Super-Heroes comics, so I might have an unfair advantage.

4. Marco
    August 31, 2015 at 2:36 am — Reply

I knew it was Ket when Rob used Beguiling Tongue! Awesome!

5. Double E
    August 31, 2015 at 6:01 am — Reply

The “why us” explanation: If they intercepted the letter sent to Randus, in researching HIM, they’d come across the Diamonthrone statues, which leads them to Smith and the others.

6. September 1, 2015 at 3:30 am — Reply

Thanks for the timely update, it made my hospital stay quite a bit more enjoyable last weekend! :)

Man, a whole new dimension with new rules and new… well, everything? >_> I mean… this sounds really dangerous! Though I’m sure Rodrigo wouldn’t have them all just die from this transferral, lol. That would be sad.

I definitely got a flashback moment to Chrono Trigger, when Chrono, Marle and Lucca are running from the guards in Guardia and stumble across the gate in the dead-end, resulting in Lucca using the Gate Key and getting them all out of there right before the guards’ eyes. Seriously, these Salamander Coil dudes are gonna have nothing to go on for quite a while unless they force Lek to produce another prototype… assuming that three-claw-chain thing didn’t kill the poor professor outright!

7. Mike
    September 5, 2015 at 1:17 am — Reply

I’ve got to say, I’m loving the new season. I lost a little bit of interest over the Modern City episodes, but that’s just my preference for fantasy over superheroes. Keep up the good work!

8. Dennis
    September 7, 2015 at 3:06 pm — Reply

KET

9. Lee
    September 9, 2015 at 1:46 am — Reply

Hey loving the show, but a quick question, I’ve listened to the podcast four times but there seems to be no explaination As to why the team are linked to prof. Leck. Matthew asks the question but it seems like everyone jumps in saying the coil have old information, but it doesn’t explain how or why the teams name was mentioned, Leck even said he hadn’t met them before

• Ricco
      September 12, 2015 at 5:24 pm — Reply

Lek sent a letter to Randus which was intercepted, the Coil then targeted him for death and based on the Moonhold statues they also placed a kill order for the original 4 members of the Torqueletons.

You can listen to the explanations starting at minute 32.

10. Anastasia Zasorina
    December 14, 2015 at 6:48 am — Reply

I wonder if this arc was influenced by the earlier Fate detour in some way? Corporations, genius professors and somewhat sci-fi feel…