As the flagship hero of the Marvel Universe, Spider-Man has long been a key player in that world.  As such, his red-and-black (or red-and-blue, depending on the colorist) uniform was immutable for nearly 20 years.  Once the black symbiote suit appeared, though, Spidey began changing his costume on a regular basis, with a number of special mission suits, a stealth costume and even a couple of ARMORED suits.  In recent years, he has even worn multiple costumes during the same era, as when he wore his white Future Foundation suit in team-ups while his red-and-black togs were still on display in his own books.  If you take into account alternative versions of Spider-Man, he might even have more costume variations than Batman, which leads us to today’s sartorial query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) still has a deep love for the web-armpits, but also loves the “brown-paper-bag mask” costume that he was forced to wear after the first Venom incident, asking: Which Spider-Man look is the coolest of all?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Doctor Who: Four Doctors #2 Review

[Solicitations] Humphries and Patterson introduce Citizen Jack for Image Comics

• Malone_hasco
      August 23, 2015 at 12:06 pm — Reply

Dear lord! Well, I think classic dark(ish) blue and red is still the best but I like black too. I might have been more open to accept black costume because I had not yet read comics all that long when it was introduced.

1. Luis Dantas
    August 23, 2015 at 12:21 pm — Reply

The Ben Reilly look was good.

2. August 23, 2015 at 12:37 pm — Reply

I’m momochromatic ! I vote for The Secret War Symbiot and The Future Fondation.

3. August 23, 2015 at 12:59 pm — Reply

I’m really fond of this particular variation of the costume.

4. Mark
    August 23, 2015 at 1:05 pm — Reply

I know it’s terrible, but I liked the Tron-inspired costume they used when Tron Legacy came out.

5. August 23, 2015 at 1:10 pm — Reply

There is a special place in my heart for the ridiculous and impractical Spider-Armor look. I don’t know what it is…the look is so bad it only lasted half the issue it premiered in, but I still kinda dig it.

-Chad

6. Xybec Katta
    August 23, 2015 at 6:23 pm — Reply

The Bombastic BagMan!

7. Armaan
    August 23, 2015 at 11:23 pm — Reply

The Iron Spider. I LOVED that costume. Iron Man had it right, Red and Gold are the coolest.

Although I have a deep fascination with the Spider-Man noir costume, too.

8. August 24, 2015 at 10:33 am — Reply

For me the original big eyed Ditko look is my favorite, and the arm-pit webs are a MUST. I grew up digging the look of the black costume, but years of big dumb Venom kind of diluted the effect.