This week, on the Major Spoilers Podcast we have another round of Q&A from you, the greatest listeners in the world. Now is your chance to get those questions in – ONLY THE BEST WILL BE READ ON THE AIR!

If, by a very small chance, you are not one of the greatest listeners in the world, you may ignore this post.

Use the comment section below! We record Tuesday evening at 8:30 PM CDT!

By the way, do you want to watch the show as we record it live? We only need 400 of the greatest people on the planet (psst. that’s you silly), to join the growing throng of Major Spoilers VIPs from around the world. Citizens from Germany, Sweden, many parts of the United States, Mexico, and Australia have answered the call, and now it is your turn to step up, so your Tuesday nights can be filled with merriment and mirth!

You can do it! Together we can show the world that we have the greatest fans on the planet!

[signoff predefined=”PayPal Donation” icon=”icon-flag”][/signoff]

[Art Appreciation Moment of the Day] Thomas Perkins Modern City (Part 2)

New Comic Releases for August 12, 2015

1. August 10, 2015 at 3:22 pm — Reply

Now that Blade of the Immortal ended this spring after 31 volumes and 18 years of me following the series, I had to find new samurai manga to fill in the gap. Its my “go to” genre whenever I feel like I’m getting bored of super heroes or American comics in general.

I’d like to know if you have any tried and true alternatives when things are starting to feel stale? Things you don’t necessarily follow all the time, but find yourselves coming back in regular periods.

2. August 10, 2015 at 3:39 pm — Reply

Have any of the Major Spoilers Crew read “Rat Queens”, written by Kurtis J Wiebe, and published by Image Comics? If so, what are your thoughts? Is there a chance that someone will review Issue #11 when it comes out August 19? Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work.

3. HutSutRawlson
    August 10, 2015 at 3:43 pm — Reply

I was wondering if you guys ever covered independent and arts comics, the kind of stuff published by companies like Fantagraphics or Drawn & Quarterly. I would love to hear your take on some of the bigger titles to come out of this side of things, like the Acme Novelty Library, Eightball, or Love & Rockets. Are there any previous episodes that cover that, or are any of you interested in that side of comics at all?

4. Rob
    August 10, 2015 at 5:13 pm — Reply

If you could have any guest on the show who would you pick?

5. Aaron
    August 10, 2015 at 8:51 pm — Reply

What are your most embarrassing guilty pleasures? (In regards to comics, movies, etc.)

6. Dan Langsdale
    August 10, 2015 at 11:03 pm — Reply

Grant Morrison; Geoff Johns; Brian Michael Bendis; Brian K. Vaughan; Robert Kirkman. These days, many comic book sales live or die on the strength, recognition, and marketability of their writers. But this is at best only half of what it takes to make a comic book really work. The lion’s share of creative hours are put in by the artists who shape and form the writer’s story into what we finally see in print.

So in that spirit, my question is: What comic book artists, if any, are your “Must Buys?”

7. August 11, 2015 at 1:09 am — Reply

I’m a fan of X-Men’s Beast, but most of my experience has been through the cartoons (mostly the 90s). While MS has made comics a lot less daunting in general, I’m still not sure where to start reading about Beast in comics. Some suggestions of where to start, in stories that either center on Beast or have a large focus on him, would be wonderful. It also doesn’t have to be an X-Men comic, it can be Avengers, guest appearances elsewhere, etc.

Thanks!

8. Mike
    August 11, 2015 at 7:42 am — Reply

Now that the summer is over, what new movies (besides Star Wars), tv shows (besides Supergirl), or video games are you most looking forward to? What new comics are you guys keeping on your radar to check out?

9. TheGreatNateO
    August 11, 2015 at 9:04 am — Reply

I think we are still in convention season right? So that brings me to my question (Again THANKS for everyone from Major Spoilers that hung out with my son and I at NT15, it was awesome) –

If you could be on a convention panel with anyone who would it be and what would the panel be about?

10. Chris G.
    August 11, 2015 at 11:35 am — Reply

Between the four of you, who do you think would win in a fight?

11. Michael M.
    August 11, 2015 at 6:44 pm — Reply

My daughter (10) buys Squirrel Girl and Lumberjanes, but she wants to read more comics. I’d let her read mine but most of the things I own are too adult or require lots of previous knowledge. What are some good trade paperbacks or on-going series that I can suggest for her?