Every organization has its pluses and minuses.  In my current job, I don’t have the endless parade of corrupt, stupid or openly malicious jerks that plagued me in the call-center, but I do occasionally have to brush past a comment that is insensitive or politically opposed to my own positions, and that’s fine.  But it brings to mind important questions about the super-teams we all love.  Obviously, being a member of the Justice League would suck, as nobody outside the core seven get to stick around for long, and even several of those are considered less important than Superman, Wonder Woman and whatsisname.  The Teen Titans are fun, bright and happy, but 40% of their membership has been blown to smithereens.  While it might be fun to be an X-Man, I don’t have the energy to angst 24/7, and I would snicker every time Wolverine said ‘aboot.’  All in all, choosing which super-team to belong to is a proposition fraught with peril, which leads us to today’s draft-pick query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) would obviously choose ‘The Justice Friends’, because they have a huge couch and none of them have the “being brutally murdered” problem that the Legion and Titans do, asking: Which super-team in all of infinity would you want to belong to?

Critical Hit: Who Will Join?

Ten Things: Fourth Of July Bonus Edition!

1. William Purcell
    July 4, 2015 at 11:38 am — Reply

I would love to be part of The Mighty Heroes. Diaper-man, Strong-man,Rope-man, Tornado-man and, Cuckoo-man. I could be Maintenance-man. Someone has to fix their mess.

2. Alisha
    July 4, 2015 at 11:51 am — Reply

Special Police Dekaranger.

While the series only shows the adventures of the Earth branch (and a few brief glimpses at members and locations of other branches), the organization is spread across the universe. And it is more than simply a police force, they are essentially an intergalactic peacekeeping military force with separate divisions and branches devoted to different threats (such as the Fire Squad, the elite Tokkyou devoted to taking down the most dangerous criminals, and so on).

My second choice is any Lantern Corps, followed by The Plumbers of Ben 10.

3. matt-creates
    July 4, 2015 at 1:02 pm — Reply

Care Bears, Mask, Voltron, GI Joe, or the animated Masters of the Universe

4. Luis Dantas
    July 4, 2015 at 10:42 pm — Reply

The Tomorrow People.

5. The Boss
    July 5, 2015 at 12:36 am — Reply

Legion of Superheroes – Any one can become a member if they are the first to apply from their race

• July 5, 2015 at 9:51 am — Reply

And even then there are exceptions, as the dozen or so Earth-members prove…

6. Armaan
    July 5, 2015 at 7:59 am — Reply

I think I’d be – I would LOVE to be a part of the Green Lantern Corps. Firstly, for their powers – I mean, being able to shape anything they can imagine? Man alive, I would kill for that.
    Secondly… I like that you have one kind of person from one space sector. An infinite variety of people, and species, and that’s amazing, I would want to learn SO MUCH about live on other planets, other galaxies, thousands of cultures and histories and, heh, random superpowers. Also, it would feel a little hard to be left out – you’re not one human in the midst of a homogenous bunch of aliens, you’re one alien amongst thousands of aliens.
    I’d like that.

7. Sydness
    July 5, 2015 at 8:44 am — Reply

The only team I qualify for is the Great Lakes Avengers.

8. Zeb Hammond
    July 5, 2015 at 10:39 am — Reply

As much as I’d like the Runaways, I’ve got to go with the original New Warriors. Somebody’s got to tune that skateboard….”It’s a rougher ride on the street, Night Thrasher.”

9. DamienR
    July 6, 2015 at 7:16 am — Reply

Time Lords, thus also negating the whole ‘being brutally murdered’ problem.

plus maybe The Defenders – hang out on a ranch all day with a bunch of other non ‘team players’.