Rodrigo

Rodrigo

Nobody really knows what Rodrigo's deal is. He is a perpetual enigma, an unknown quantity, the X factor. He's the new kid in school, the unlisted number, the person all your friends talk about, but you've never met. How can one person be so mysterious, you ask? THAT IS ALSO TOTALLY A MYSTERY! You can try to keep tabs on him on twitter by following @fearsomecritter, but that probably won't help.

[Fan Film] Samurai Jack is back, Jack...

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Where You Belong Edition

1. Russell Catt
    July 3, 2015 at 3:06 pm — Reply

Oh, please, let it be the bird-person.
    That would be so COOL.

2. July 3, 2015 at 3:26 pm — Reply

Is that Irving Stonehouse? I thought it was another half-orc at first but I noticed the little House on his collar.

3. Fwipp
    July 3, 2015 at 4:39 pm — Reply

I just hope we see the return of The Queen’s Rebelious Daughter. Heck, even A Manner of Sorts.
    Plot hook returns fo dayz!

4. Intense Wizardry
    July 3, 2015 at 4:59 pm — Reply

Is a new female player joining? If the female character joins, there would have to be a female player because of Rodrigo’s rule.

• Void
      July 3, 2015 at 11:13 pm — Reply

Well, I don’t want to speak for Rodrigo; it’s entirely likely that there will be a new female player, but there is something to keep in mind. Rodrigo specifically says in Dramatis Personae that he mostly has a problem with cross-gender roleplay in one-shots and short-campaigns, presumably with unfamiliar players. Given that this group is relatively mature about these sorts of things, I doubt Rodrigo thinks someone in this current group wouldn’t be able to pull off a cross-gender roleplay. Incidentally, it will be 6 years tomorrow since Dramatis Personae and the subsequent first season of Critical Hit was released. Long live Critical Hit!

• July 5, 2015 at 6:45 pm — Reply

I’m going to say that a new female player is highly unlikely.

• Intense Wizardry
        July 8, 2015 at 2:51 pm — Reply

What makes you say that?

• Kaycee
        July 15, 2015 at 2:02 pm — Reply

Why would a new female character be unlikely?

5. Frederick a.k.a Darth Macho
    July 3, 2015 at 5:02 pm — Reply

OMG! Who are these people? Is this the new party? It this going to be “How the other 5th live?” Is that guy Torq? It was mentioned that whomever went with the Hogba wouldn’t be the same if they came back alive. Is this a transformed Torq? I don’t want to wait a week! Worst 4th of July EVER! lol

6. yODDel
    July 3, 2015 at 5:02 pm — Reply

Ooh, is that an ent? I vote the treeperson for coolest cat in the coop.

7. talismanhex
    July 3, 2015 at 6:01 pm — Reply

I love this podcast! I’m just starting though, currently listening to episode #52, but I’m hooked. I like the green, leafy eye-brows, dude, but Ms. White Dot Cheek below him looks cool too! Either way, I’m sure I’ll love it! Keep up goodness guys!

8. specialkail
    July 3, 2015 at 6:07 pm — Reply

This makes me very afraid that Randus won’t be returning.

9. specialkail
    July 3, 2015 at 6:09 pm — Reply

Although most of these may be characters we’ve seen before… if that one is Irving Stonehouse (good eye anim) the one on the top left would be kammus.

Irving stonehouse is the half orc that was moving the orcs around, right?

• July 4, 2015 at 2:32 am — Reply

It don’t think it’s Kammis in the upper left. She’s the Lizard Wizard! Why would she be wearing a insect hair pin?

10. specialkail
    July 3, 2015 at 6:11 pm — Reply

The bird man could possibly be dnd Brians bird character from the feywild. Or it could be Ket…

Did he ever get rid of his spirit taint? I just listened through again and I didn’t seem to notice it seems like it just got dropped.

• Fwipp
      July 5, 2015 at 2:36 pm — Reply

Keep listening- not to spoil it but since you asked (and because this is major spoilers): He does have a taint-cleansing essentially, and it gets removed in the form of him laying an egg. Later, the egg hatches and becomes a spirit raven as part of one of his daily powers, I believe.

11. July 3, 2015 at 6:30 pm — Reply

none of these characters have appeared in previous episodes of Critical Hit.

• specialkail

July 7, 2015 at 3:15 am — Reply

*Internally doing the aaaaaahhhhhhhh*

• PureChaosDI
      July 7, 2015 at 11:43 am — Reply

so no irving stonehouse? Awwwwwwww

12. July 3, 2015 at 6:35 pm — Reply

The suspense is killing me! AHHH I want more Critical Hit right now!

-Chad

13. Intense Wizardry
    July 3, 2015 at 7:33 pm — Reply

Here’s another thing: I’m fairly sure it won’t be a whole new party with all new characters because we know Orem is coming back.

• July 4, 2015 at 11:24 am — Reply

Unless Rodrigo spent a whole episode shining us on… o.O

14. Shepstar
    July 4, 2015 at 2:05 am — Reply

I would imagine it’s the kenku who is probably a Ranger

15. Marco
    July 4, 2015 at 4:36 am — Reply

Talking about Hype, ha? Man these guys look so cool, I can’t wait to know them all!

16. Frederick a.k.a Darth Macho
    July 4, 2015 at 6:25 am — Reply

I just noticed that the dude in the middle bottom row looks like a half-orc, but he has no horns. Interesting.

17. Darius Jonna
    July 4, 2015 at 8:57 am — Reply

Considering that there are so many of them, I shall cut my losses ad say…all of them. These are all the new playable characters that will appear in the season.

18. July 4, 2015 at 9:54 am — Reply

And.. now I want to know about all of these characters…

I am now listening to the final episodes of last season while I wait for OMG another-entire-week.

19. Ricco
    July 4, 2015 at 10:49 am — Reply

Wait, if one of those is who Matthew will have to pick to replace Torq, may he rest in peace/funnel cakes, my money is on the bird.

Matthew did some awesome role playing when he was that arcane humming bird, then again all the leafy puns and gentlemen orc jokes…

20. Tom
    July 4, 2015 at 11:19 am — Reply

Another week? NOOOO…. lol, I understand it though. This is the best show out there.

So far as what character will be joining… I have my hopes for the fancy-pants half-orc.

21. July 5, 2015 at 9:13 pm — Reply

Five quatloons on the albino fop!

22. joegoat
    July 6, 2015 at 11:12 am — Reply

Groot?

23. July 6, 2015 at 2:00 pm — Reply

Why is it, that nobody wants to talk about the guy in the upper middle?
    Maybe he looks too normal.
    I totally want to hear Matthew’s version of a swashbuckling Nathan Fillion-type or something Captain Kirk-ish. Maybe the first Rogue of the podcast?

Anyway, it’ll be great!

24. SirRenald
    July 6, 2015 at 3:52 pm — Reply

Yes! Kenku love!

25. Intense Wizardry
    July 7, 2015 at 9:09 pm — Reply

Guys, I think I know three of the characters names. This is a theory, but a while ago Rodrigo posted a Google Drive screenshot with three files in it entitled Sekhar Primer, Lily Primer, and Sapote Primer. Now, those sound a lot like potential character names. I’m thinking if my theory is true, Lily is the Eladrin and Sapote is the plant guy. Sekhar coul be a name for any of the other guys really, but I’m guessing the bird.

• AnguishedGrove
      July 11, 2015 at 10:33 pm — Reply

Nailed it.

26. Pierre
    July 8, 2015 at 3:51 pm — Reply

#5 is clearly bizarro Torq

27. mattmatt
    July 9, 2015 at 1:40 pm — Reply

1 and 2 strike me as second-generation. Trelle’s Daughter, and Randus’ Son.

28. Alex
    July 10, 2015 at 8:44 am — Reply

It is obvious that there will now be 12 players now. It will be a wondrous cacophony. We all know Rodrigo loves huge noisy groups.

• simonsimonforyou
      July 10, 2015 at 9:30 am — Reply

Dude, I think you’ve nailed it.

Legacy of Ghosts is going to take place like a hundred years after Lords of the Feywild, and Orem will be the only one to return!

Maybe also Torq, because he could be done with the blue friend. Then everyone else is new. So it’s sort of like a reboot, with the two original characters returning, but everybody else is new.

29. July 10, 2015 at 8:36 pm — Reply

I keep flipping through the site today, looking at the comicon news, but I am way more excited about THIS than anything else that y’all have posted…. Is it Saturday yet?

• Leslie
      July 11, 2015 at 3:37 am — Reply

It’s Saturday in New Zealand! Where’s the episode??