Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) today announced the launch of CON RADIO, featuring an array of online audio programs allowing fans to stay current on everything happening in the convention and pop culture universe. CON RADIO has something for everyone: lifestyle, horror, Q&As with favorite celebrities, video games, and even sports entertainment. All free, all on-demand.
Fans can listen to CON RADIO anytime at: http://www.wizardworld.com .
“CON RADIO is a pop culture force to be reckoned with,” said horror expert Keenan McClelland. “It’s about time we obtained the best podcasts on the net and housed them under one geeky roof at Wizard! Thrill me!”
“What a time to be a geek! Never before has the storage, weird, creative, nerdy, and geeky have been embraced like it is today,” said Tony Kim, Crazy 4 Comic Con host. “While the pop culture universe expands, our con culture comes closer together. Thanks to this new initiative by Wizard World called CON Radio. We will be like the Avengers of radio!… except more flabby and not as good looking- but you won’t know that by our voices. Check us out, the world is depending on you!”
CON RADIO will feature nine unique programs at launch, including:
- Common Room – A female-take on the geek culture and nerd lifestyle, with no topic off-limits. Recorded weekly.
- Con Smash – Con Radio’s flagship program, featuring pop culture news & rumors, debates, celebrity interviews, contests & more. Hosted by Wizard World’s Mo Lightning & Billy Patterson. Recorded weekly.
- Crazy 4 Comic Con – The most comic book-leaning podcast on Con Radio. Join host Tony Kim and special guests as he talks comic books, art, writing, and of course, the joy of comic cons all across the world. Recorded monthly.
- Every Day is Halloween -Celebrating all things scary, Horror Guy Keenan creates a podcast experience unlike any other. Clips from classic movies, forgotten TV commercials, movie reviews, and industry analysis are just the proverbial tip of the knife. Recorded monthly.
- The Game Fix Podcast – No pop culture hub would be complete without a spotlight on video games. Gamers can get their fix from a gang of radio personalities who’ve spent their entire lives gaming, from the NES to the latest and greatest consoles. Recorded weekly.
- The Modern Geek Show – Fashion, flirting, fitness… How does today’s geek find time to balance all of this, work, and his or her pop culture interests? Recorded weekly.
- Talking TV WITH Liz and Lindi – Team Supernatural Drama isn’t just a title, it’s a lifestyle! Regulars on the con scene for a while, hosts Liz Pochop & Lindi Smith have recently expanded their reviews to Entertainment Weekly’s website (ew.com) and now this exclusive-to-Con Radio podcast. Recorded weekly.
- Wizard World Classics – Missed a favorite celebrity on his or her panel? That’s OK – Listen to it here! Wizard World presents brand new, and classic, clips from various celebrities in short segments that keeps the show flowing! Recorded weekly.
- WrestlingAudio Presents… – Simulcast sports entertainment (pro wrestling) programming from the 10-year podcast veterans of WrestlingAudio.com. Includes news & rumors, celebrity interviews, contesting, more. Recorded 1-3 times per week.
In addition, CON RADIO plans to develop additional shows expected to launch this summer as well as live streaming from Wizard World Comic Con shows nationally.
Fans can interact with CON RADIO on Twitter: @radioforgeeks.
About Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (http://www.wizardworld.com ) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, television, cosplay, comics, graphic novels, toys, video gaming, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also launched CONtv, a digital media channel in partnership with leading independent content distributor Cinedigm™ (NASDAQ: CIDM), and ComicConBox™, a premium subscription-based monthly box service. Fans can interact with Wizard World on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The 2015-16 Wizard World Comic Con schedule is available at: www.wizardworld.com/wizcon.html .