Good news for those dedicated digital comics fans – comiXology has updated its app to included new way to organize your digital comics.
“When I ask comiXology fans what features they want, better ways to manage their books is at the top of the list,” says comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger. “Our customers buy tons of books and have trouble keeping track of what they have and haven’t read, or even what they just purchased, particularly across devices. Smart Lists bring the most relevant books front and center. I’m betting this becomes the home page for most of our customers.”
- Our new Smart Lists view allows for a quick and easy way to track what you’re reading with the In Progress and
- Unread lists, the ability to see what you’ve bought with the Recently Purchased list, and even a way to easily maintain your Wish List.
- New Recommended for You list gives you personalized recommendations based on books you’ve purchased in the past.
- Long press on any title in the Recommended for You section to Add to Wish List. Android app users can also long press to Add to Cart.
- Use the new All/On Device filter to toggle between seeing all books you own and just the books you’ve downloaded to your device.
- Long press on any of your books in Smart Lists and My Books grid view to mark as read, unread, archive or remove from device.
- New robust sorting options and filters in My Books allow you to view your library sorted by Series, Purchase Date, and Title.
- Toggle between three views in My Books: grid view, list view and the all-new cover view which lets you browse your library one full-screen cover at a time.
- Cover view lets you see your entire collection cover by cover when browsing your library
- Enlarged covers allow you to enjoy the artwork even more.
The smart list and enhanced library features are available now for those who update their application on the iOS, Fire tabletand Android devices, and these features are expected to arrive on the web version of the comic reader later this summer.