moderncitysmll

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Podcast: The players discuss the pros and cons of Fate based on the game they just played.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

NOTE: FATE character sheets are now available at members.majorspoilers.com.

Use the code CriticalHit at Harrys.com for $5.00 off your first purchase.

Get involved with the Major Spoilers Podcast Network LINK

[signoff predefined=”PayPal Donation” icon=”icon-cog-alt”][/signoff]

Finally Friday for June 19, 2015 - Ashley Victoria Robinson

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Wish Upon A Star Edition

1. June 21, 2015 at 5:36 pm — Reply

Where or when is the podcast dealing with Orem’s level 16 advancement?

• June 21, 2015 at 8:28 pm — Reply

members.majorspoilers.com
      later this week.

• Creigh Brigman
        June 21, 2015 at 11:31 pm — Reply

Thanks!

• Frederick Pagliarulo a.k.a. Darth Macho
        June 22, 2015 at 2:32 pm — Reply

I hope Rodrigo let you take ALL the powers this time. It’s Orem, darn it!

2. Matthew
    June 22, 2015 at 7:51 pm — Reply

All the way from south Australia trying to search through the site for the pictures without spoilers as ive only just finished celestial crusade. Brilliant work guys

3. August 17, 2015 at 11:56 am — Reply

Maybe it’s because I have never played Fate in my life, but the way the system worked was actually slightly difficult to follow on the podcast. I sort of got it as I went along.

One thing I felt was very underplayed in combat and every other situation was the aspects. I mean… I feel like there were a lot of ways to mess around with their aspects and pitch different things to Brian. Rob’s character in combat, especially, seemed very stuck in a box. I think ‘Star Running Back’ could have certainly been used to tackle Taylor with a boost, I mean running backs aren’t really the tackling type (lol) but still, the speed side of things could have been pitched to effect. Obviously he rolled well enough at the time so it didn’t matter but just little things like that, I kind of wished there had been more of. I especially think when the characters were trying to track Taylor down and then had a really unfruitful search in his house (dead end), it all felt a bit (terrifically) awkward.

At first I wasn’t sure how much I’d like PDK – he felt almost 2 dimensional at first, given his utter lack of personable background compared to characters like Rob’s – but when Rodrigo played him I really got a strong sense of his character and he became my favourite out of the lot by the end of this run. I really liked how he played a simple concept very well and figured out his character quirks almost immediately, meaning he took less time to figure out what made PDK click.

This isn’t to say I didn’t like Rumble Bee or Jet Star or Free Agent – I liked all of them! RB is hilarious, JS is badass and FA is the classic Sarcastic Hero I tend to be fond of. And it’s a mark of how good you guys are at RP-ing that I really felt that this was an entirely different set of characters and didn’t think about the Critical Hit characters even once during this whole run.

Anyway, to conclude this rambly review, I think nobody is used to using Fate to its full potential… and it was still a lot of fun to listen to. All of the characters really solidified nearer to the end of the season’s run.