[Sneak Peek] Herocat of Stellar City #6

[Sneak Peek] Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard #4 (of 4)

1. DarkSidhe
    June 9, 2015 at 11:44 am — Reply

Really, I like both, but if I have to pick, burgers are more filling and have a bit more variation depending on who makes them.

• June 9, 2015 at 12:44 pm — Reply

Yeah, this is also my reasoning.

• June 9, 2015 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Mine as well, that and they are much easier to make yourself! (as in the patties as opposed to making home made hot dogs)

2. TheGreatNateO
    June 9, 2015 at 11:55 am — Reply

Well considering my pets are Dachshunds I have to go with hamburgers. The looks I get when I eat a hotdogs are not good. Also it’s easier to put cheese and bacon on a hamburger.

3. Chris Zuga
    June 9, 2015 at 11:56 am — Reply

If you’ve ever seen how a hot dog is made you stop eating them then and there.

4. Alisha
    June 9, 2015 at 11:57 am — Reply

I like both, but I went with hot dogs. Burgers are great and versatile, but I absolutely love chili dogs, which I think is one of the most perfect foods ever next to pizza and onion rings.

I’m surprised my arteries aren’t clogged.

• June 9, 2015 at 12:11 pm — Reply

Oh, I should have added to my post – chili dogs are the only way to eat hot dogs. Unless it’s a Chicago style hot dog. Maybe I do love hot dogs still….

• Alisha
        June 9, 2015 at 4:02 pm — Reply

I haven’t had a proper Chicago style hot dog in years. Had a few attempts by some restaurants, but they didn’t get it quite right (like adding ketchup or substituting most of the bun or ingredients for things that weren’t even close to what goes on a Chicago style hot dog). There was a little local place that made a great one (of course, the owner was from Chicago, so that helped), but sadly the shop was damaged in a storm about 10 years ago and they decided to retire rather than reopen.

5. June 9, 2015 at 12:10 pm — Reply

I had to go with hamburgers as I’m not a fan of hot dogs any more (I loved them as a kid). Now, being a native of Wisconsin, bratwursts would have won my vote. A grilled cheddar brat, some onions and mustard…..GOOD!

6. Ingrid
    June 9, 2015 at 12:18 pm — Reply

This is a trick question, right? Because my actual answer is brats! (Okay, you got me. I do, in fact, live in Wisconsin.)

I voted hot dogs because I do like a good quality hot dog grilled on a stick over the remains of a bonfire on the beach. Those are tasty, and if you’re careful they’re not too sandy either.

Too many people I know grill burgers to death, or they use terrible cheese on them. I love a good burger; they’re just hard to find.

But brats – tasty, dependable, and they go great with beer.

• Alisha
      June 9, 2015 at 1:55 pm — Reply

That is one of the same reasons I’m not a bigger fan of burgers. Most people I know, particularly my relatives, make these thin crispy rocks of ash out of what was once meat. My mom in particular always made burgers by pressing them hard almost the entire time they cooked, making them very dry as well as being overdone.

None of these people will eat my burgers because even though I cook them enough to be done, they are still juicy, which they think means the burger must still be raw.

7. Ray
    June 9, 2015 at 1:37 pm — Reply

there us a lot to be considered, like the Bun, the condiments and the “extra” for the bbq’ed choice, but if you are just talking plain and unimaginative versions, I gotta go Hamburger over Hot dog.

8. Bill
    June 10, 2015 at 7:59 am — Reply

Hot dog all day long. Like the game of chess, preparing a hot dog takes moments to learn and a lifetime to master. It’s nearly impossible to improperly cook a hot dog. Even if you under cook it, it’s just a tiny bologna! Over cook it, and it’s nothing a little catsup (ketchup?) can’t help. And so many ways to do it! Grilled, fried, boiled, steamed, all delicious. With a bun, without a bun, cut up into mac and cheese, still all delicious!

Hot dog. All. Day. Long.

9. Reed
    June 11, 2015 at 5:58 am — Reply

If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn’t have hotdogs.

10. Ray H.
    June 11, 2015 at 9:17 am — Reply

I’m going to go with hot dogs. They’re quick, easy to prepare, and go with so many things much better than hamburgers do. Hot dogs are good in beans, buns, and by themselves. Heck, there’s even a sport for eating them (I’m sure there are hamburger eating contests, but the Nathan’s hot dog eating competition is internationally recognized, and actively televised). Also, the best hot dog you’ll ever eat is still much much less expensive than a medium quality burger per unit. Anyway, that’s my 1.75C (.125C tax per cent).

11. Greg
    June 11, 2015 at 9:26 pm — Reply

Went with burgers, but love both. Hot dogs can be just as versatile as long as you’re using a good brand. Anybody that serves “bologna” dogs to their friends, family and/or customers is committing a crime against humanity.

12. Goofball814
    June 12, 2015 at 10:05 am — Reply

Why choose? Carl’s Jr / Hardee’s just indroduced the All American burger that is a hamburger with a hot dog on it!