The Modern Masters Weekend took place around the globe last weekend, and we have a number of photos from the Grand Prix event for Magic: The Gathering.
- More than 20,000 fans of the card game Magic: The Gathering participated in a global celebration of the game that spanned three continents.
- An estimated 5,000 fans played in Grand Prix Chiba, Japan; another 5,000 in Grand Prix Utrecht, Netherlands; and an estimated 11,000 played in Grand Prix Las Vegas.
- The weekend included many cosplayers, four weddings, and tournaments as large as 3,800 players.
- Over the course of the weekend more than 40,000 main event matches and thousands of side events were played, over 90 thousand packs of cards were opened, and countless spells were cast.
- An estimated 1 million fans watched coverage of the events across English, Japanese, and Chinese language video streams, and the events generated more than 21,000 tweets.