Recently, while perusing my skabrillion cable movie channels, I bumped into a late-night showing of ‘Death Proof,’ and found myself noticing for the first time (thanks to the distraction of car-jousting, a massive chase and the always-entertaining Rosario Dawson) just how cute the character of Lee was.  When I went to see who the actress was, I was surprised to find that I already had a crush on teh actress, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, from her turn as Ramona Flowers in ‘Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.”  I suppose, though, it’s good to have an internal consistency in what imaginary characters one finds adorable, especially since Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence can’t be in EVERYTHING, which leads us to today’s heart-pounding query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) hasn’t done this one in at least six months, so I figure it’s time to check in with everyone’s imaginary friends, asking: Who is your latest pop-culture crush?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Speed Build and Review of LEGO Jurassic World Dilophosaurus Ambush Set #75916

The Want List #3.25 - LEGO Simpsons Minifigures Series 2

1. Frank
    June 1, 2015 at 12:35 pm — Reply

The Flash.
    Easter eggs, cameos from the previous Flash, great actors and a great finale. What’s not to like.

2. DamienR
    June 1, 2015 at 12:43 pm — Reply

Danielle Panabaker – Caitlin on The Flash.

I’m embarrased to admit how long it took before I realised I liked her ever since I saw her in Sky High a decade ago!

The girl who played the villain in that, Gwen / Major Pain, was also kind of cute too… whatever happened to her? :)

3. Alisha
    June 1, 2015 at 2:12 pm — Reply

Still have an unbelievably HUGE crush on Christina Masterson, who played Emma the Pink Ranger on Power Rangers Megaforce/Super Megaforce.

And as usual, I have a crush on the current female Super Sentai actresses. I’m torn between which of the current two I’m crushing on most, Kasumi Yamaya or Yuuka Yano.

In non-Asian beauties, I have a sort of renewed crush on Danielle Fishel (Topanga from “Boy Meets World” and now “Girl Meets World”) who is just as gorgeous (if not more so) as she was when I crushed on her as a kid.

4. Malone_hasco
    June 1, 2015 at 2:58 pm — Reply
  5. GeorgeDubya
    June 1, 2015 at 3:27 pm — Reply

I’m going to have to say Birgitte Hjort Sørensen who played the leader of Das Sound Machine in Pitch Perfect 2 and gave Anna Kendrick (one of my long standing crushes) some confused feelings. She was also on last night’s episode of Game of Thrones as a badass Wildling Chief (and despite stereotypes surrounding the show, she was not nude).

• June 1, 2015 at 5:22 pm — Reply

DANG!
      I knew I recognized her!
      She’s definitely crush worthy, and I had high hopes for that character…But should always know better with that show…

6. M. Walsh
    June 1, 2015 at 4:08 pm — Reply

WWE’s Paige

7. Mitchell
    June 1, 2015 at 5:00 pm — Reply

Zöe Bell. Always fall for women who kick ass with cool accents

8. Kirby
    June 1, 2015 at 5:18 pm — Reply

I’m going to agree on Danielle Panabaker. Though she’ll never replaced Phoebe Cates.

9. Chris G.
    June 1, 2015 at 9:29 pm — Reply

Well, off the top of my head, Tara Strong and Adrienne Palicki. And despite not watching soap operas, I’ve also developed a crush on Melissa Archer somehow. And I’ve recently discovered how lovely Margot Robbie is.

Guess I’m kinda going through a blonde phase at the moment.

• Alisha
      June 2, 2015 at 10:19 am — Reply

I’ve had a crush on Tara Strong for… I don’t even know how long now. It was since she was still called Tara Charendoff, so I think it would be mid to late 1990’s.

It is a source of amusement for my best friend, who finds it hilarious that I have a crush on a voice actress when I’m legally deaf (I can hear some, just not very well and not all tones).