I kind of love Wikipedia’s entry on Webcomics:

Webcomics (also known as online comics or Internet comics) are comics published on a website. While many are published exclusively on the web, others are also published in magazines, newspapers or in books.

There are so many webcomics online that sometimes just looking at a general webcomic topic is daunting to say the least. Some webcomics I have discovered only recently have been ongoing for years, while others are brand new and still trying to find their footing. Regardless of the longevity, length, topic, and art style, I find myself spending more than a fair amount of time reading webcomics.

The internet has given birth to yet another new medium: webcomics. Moving beyond the restrictions of print, webcomic artists interact directly with audiences who share their own unique worldview, and create stories that are often embedded in innovative formats only possible online. Sometimes funny, sometimes personal, and almost always weird, web comic creators have taken the comic strip form to new, mature, and artistic heights.

So… do you read webcomics? If you answer YES, make sure to use the comment section to share some of your favorites. If you answer NO, make sure to use the comment section to share why you don’t.

GO!

Are you a webcomics reader?Comment)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Convergence: Wonder Woman #2 Review

[Sneak Peek] Adventure Time #40

1. Tim
    May 26, 2015 at 11:22 am — Reply

My favorite webcomics at the moments are Questionable Content, Dumbing of Age and Tales from the Pit (by Magic Designer Mark Rosewater)

2. May 26, 2015 at 11:24 am — Reply

Yes, although I only read a couple (XKCD, Dumbing of Age, The Hues, & Sleepless Domain).

3. Taylor
    May 26, 2015 at 11:41 am — Reply

I’ve been reading d20Monkey, Zombie Roomie, and Table Titans.

4. Hirimno
    May 26, 2015 at 12:22 pm — Reply

My favorites are Table Titans, Ctrl-Alt-Del, VG Cats, Order of the Stick, 8-bit Theatre (even though it ended), and now the new Atomic Robo stuff.

5. Daniel Mann
    May 26, 2015 at 12:44 pm — Reply

Questionable content
    Least I could do!

6. Mark
    May 26, 2015 at 12:48 pm — Reply

I keep up with two regularly: Dynagirl and Table Titans. Two more I check occasionally: Emma and Cassiopeia Quinn.

7. Alisha
    May 26, 2015 at 12:56 pm — Reply

I have read several over the years, and continue to read some. But I usually don’t follow one regularly, only checking in every month or two and reading in bulk. I don’t even have a single genre I follow and have read everything from serious to silly, but I lean towards humor, sci-fi, fantasy and parody.

Some of my favorites are (or in some cases where the series has ended, have been) “Least I Could Do”, “Loli Loves Venom”, “Looking For Group”, “Queen of Wands” (which also led me to “Something Positive” thanks to crossovers and the eventual transfer of the character Kestral to SP after “Queen of Wands” ended), “Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal” and “Lil’ Formers” (which I’m sad ended since it was hilarious).

And, to be perfectly honest, I’ve actually considered creating my own webcomic. The setting is essentially modern day Earth and the characters are loosely based on my friends and I, except most of them aren’t human (elves, aliens, etc.). While the character loosely based on myself is the only human of the main cast, she’s also the one who defies the laws of reality (for instance, people refuse to play trading card games or RPGs with her because when she casts a spell or summons a creature, she literally causes the spell or creature to materialize and attack the other players).

8. Tazsul
    May 26, 2015 at 1:04 pm — Reply

I read far too many to list, but here are my current favorites.

Broodhollow by Kris Straub
    El Goonish Shive by Dan Shive
    Evil Inc by Brad Guigar
    Girl Genius by Phil and Kaja Foglio
    Grrl Power by Dave Barrack
    Kiwi Blitz by Mary Cagle

Others have come and gone over the years, but these are the ones I look forward to every week.

9. Russell Catt
    May 26, 2015 at 2:06 pm — Reply

I read quite a few webcomics. Here is a selection:

Daily strips:

The Trenches
    Little Guardians

Update infrequently:
    Goblins
    Order of the Stick
    Megatokyo

Completed webcomics, but totally still worth reading:
    Penny and Aggie

Grrl Power
    Dumbing of Age
    Questionable Content
    Looking for Group
    Oglaf!
    Deep Fried

and now of course Atomic Robo.

12. Ben
    May 26, 2015 at 5:25 pm — Reply

Schlock Mercenary, Girl Genius, and Atomic Robo.

13. Cody dixon
    May 26, 2015 at 5:26 pm — Reply

Not as many as most.
    Table Titans
    Atomic Robo
    Giants in the Playground

14. frammistats
    May 26, 2015 at 5:59 pm — Reply

I regularly read webcomics, they’re just as good as “normal” comics.

Stand Still Stay Silent (amazing art, currently my favourite)
    Minor Acts of Heroism (a must read, partially written/drawn by Adriana Fergusen)
    Paranatural (perfect mixture of silly and serious)
    Monsterkind (great use of colour and character design)
    Hotblood (centaurs in the wild west, what else do you need?)
    Wilde Life (guy moves town, sees supernatural things)
    Oglaf (very NSFW, but very funny, recommended for binge reading)
    8-bit Theatre (finished)

15. May 26, 2015 at 6:11 pm — Reply

i read them every morning through Feedly. It keeps track when I can’t keep up. Thank god for RSS

16. Law
    May 26, 2015 at 8:06 pm — Reply

I used to read some (Order of the Stick and some others) but I got out of the habit. Also, I just prefer to hold a comic…
    Grognard maybe?

PS: I’ve heard great things about Table Titans but I just can’t get in the mood to go there and read it. Maybe I can get collected versions of the ones I like.

17. May 27, 2015 at 12:43 am — Reply

I’ve read several over the years, and which ones that is my favourites vary depending on storyline and other stuff.
    Currently I’m really enjoying Order of the Stick, Least I Could Do, and Dumbing of Age.

18. May 27, 2015 at 6:23 am — Reply

I keep a bookmark folder and just go down the list in the morning while I’m waking up & getting ready for work.

Penny Arcade
    PvP
    Table Titans
    Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
    Questionable Content
    Dr. McNinja
    Dumbing of Age
    Least I Could Do
    xkcd

and then these last two usually only update once a week so I save them for Sunday or Monday morning:

The Non-Adventures of Wonderella (great for fans of comics & comic tropes)
    Oglaf (so very much NSFW)

19. Guillaume Berube
    May 27, 2015 at 7:21 am — Reply

I’m reading two currently. XKCD and Maliki’s Le webcomic (Great french webcomic with amazing art).

20. Bill
    May 27, 2015 at 9:43 am — Reply

Order of the Stick, which got me into
    Erfworld
    xkcd (and by extension, what if)
    Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, which I just discovered and will never get through the backlog.

and, of course,

Minor Acts of Heroism

21. Mike Estep
    May 27, 2015 at 12:39 pm — Reply

I also have quite a list I check pretty regularly

Daily strips:
    Least I Could Do
    Looking for Group
    Questionable Content
    Stand Still Stay Silent(Seriously so amazing looking) Author also has a finished Comic “Redtail’s Dream”

2-3 per week
    Scandanavia & the World
    Table Titans
    Gunnerkrigg Court

Whenever they happen to update
    Goblins
    Order of the Stick

Seriously though Stand Still Stay Silent is great http://www.sssscomic.com/

22. May 27, 2015 at 4:06 pm — Reply

Everybody should be reading Bug Martini, the most consistently funny comic on the web.
    I also like Maximumble.
    Molly and the Bear is very sweet and kind of a retro throwback newspaper style strip.

On Mondays and Wednesdays you can experience the nervous laughter just after in my very own Brain Teaser Comics…

23. Blackthorne88
    May 27, 2015 at 7:15 pm — Reply

I’ve been a loyal follower of QC, Dr. McNinja, GirlGenius, XKCD, and Goblins for quite a while but it makes me a little crazy to try and check more than so often. I found a comic written and drawn by Tom Siddel from the UK called Gunnerkrigg Court that just blew me away recently and I really think it’s worth a look.

24. Random_fan
    May 28, 2015 at 12:15 am — Reply

Dumbing of age
    Gunnerkrigg court
    One piece grand line 3.5
    Darths and Droids

25. Random_fan
    May 28, 2015 at 12:19 am — Reply

Oh and JL8 which is the best DC related thing coming out currently.

26. May 28, 2015 at 9:05 am — Reply

Questionable Content, Gunnerkrigg Court, Bad Machinery (or anything else John Allison does), Octopus Pie and Dumbing of Age (read Shortpacked! and It’s Walky! before that) are those I read most regularly.

27. Reed
    May 29, 2015 at 7:35 am — Reply

I actually read webcomics more than regular comics. Some of my current and longtime favorites include Girly, Girl Genius, Order of the Stick, Love Me Nice, Dr. McNinja, and Skadi, even though that is coming to a close. I also recently started Bluemoon Blackcore.

28. b003
    May 29, 2015 at 10:35 pm — Reply

I do but there’s soo many I used too read Erica Moen’s “DAR” all the time, The Bean, Flaky Pastry, others have disappeared like Wereworld. Used too read that religiously.

29. Chris W
    June 1, 2015 at 10:22 am — Reply

Sure – I regularly check these WebComics: Table Titans, PVP, Penny Arcade, Order of the Stick, Real Life Comics, Darths & Droids (not precisely a comic though, I suppose), and Clockworks. Several of these are infrequently updated.

Always on the look out for more!