As I prepare to tackle the last unpacking project in the Major Spoilers HQ – hey, we’ve only been here for the last seven years – I find myself facing a wall of unboxed statues and life-size prop replicas. Something is gonna give in the next three months, which means eBay sales abound!

In the mean time, with only two options (because this is a black or white, with no shades of gray, and remember a non-vote is the same as a no vote, and that makes the baby jeebus cry) what would you rather have in your comic book themed room?

What would you rather fill your Nerd-Room=of-Doom with?Comment)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

[Sneak Peek] Drones #2 (of 5)

Convergence: Supergirl Matrix #2 Review

1. Tazsul
    May 19, 2015 at 11:59 am — Reply

As a proud nerd with roughly 130 action figures/statuettes on my desk at work, I have to go with statues. I wanted to say prop replicas, but my track record is clearly statuettes.

2. Russell Catt
    May 19, 2015 at 12:17 pm — Reply

Honestly, I voted for neither. I would rather festoon my room with artist’s sketches.
    (I already have 2 Adriana Ferguson’s on my walls, so I’m off to a good start!)

3. May 19, 2015 at 12:20 pm — Reply

I got dozens of statues and action figures, some high end but its still my dream to have nicely decorated, classy room with like museum style display of life size replicas. Cap’s shield, Green Lanterns ring & battery, Dr Fates helmet, Maybe even life size Iron Man suit etc.Everything nicely lit, in glass cabinets and all. Maybe some day…

4. Clubberlang6
    May 19, 2015 at 12:42 pm — Reply

Life sized replicas are too large imho

5. Mike
    May 19, 2015 at 1:13 pm — Reply

While I have more statues (action figures/models) in my nerd room of doom, I prefer the life size prop replicas. The problem is they are almost cost prohibitive, so I can’t have as many as I like. So far only the Cap shield and Link’s Shield, but eventually I”d like a Frostmourne or buster sword to go with it.

In a perfect world, I’d get the Dragonslayer from Berserk, but I don’t think I could reinforce my home enough to actually hold that thing up.

6. Frank
    May 19, 2015 at 2:23 pm — Reply

What ever they have in the Weta Cave, I want.

7. Alisha
    May 19, 2015 at 2:29 pm — Reply

I like a mixture of both, but I lean towards prop replicas as the items I like best. Part of it is because I can double them as a prop in a costume or something instead of just sitting there looking pretty, but I will also admit they are fun to just play around with.

Granted, most prop replicas I have are on the cheaper end of the spectrum for being smaller in scale (Lantern rings, Ranger Keys, Sonic Screwdrivers, lightsabers, etc), but if I had the funds, I would be more than willing to snag larger scale replicas (full Darth Vader or Stormtrooper armor displayed on a mannequin, swords and other weaponry from movies/TV/video games/etc., a working replica of Ecto-1, etc.).

8. Ron
    May 19, 2015 at 10:43 pm — Reply
  9. Bill
    May 20, 2015 at 9:34 am — Reply

Gimme prop replicas any day. I like the in-universe feel they give, regardless of what that universe is.

• Alisha
      May 20, 2015 at 10:27 am — Reply

Just be a little careful if you ever do what I do. I often take one of them with me when I go out, like to the store or out to eat, and if a customer ahead of me is being ridiculously rude to the cashiers or other staff (like calling them stupid for a problem that they have absolutely no control over), I’ll pretend to scan with my Sonic Screwdriver or Tricorder and say out loud “Odd… I’m not registering any signs of intelligent life.”. Plenty of cashiers, managers and other found it funny (even got a few discounts for making them laugh during an otherwise stressful situation), but the rude customers don’t always get the hint that they are being ridiculous in a public place.

• Rolina Eldis
        May 21, 2015 at 10:08 pm — Reply

Clearly they weren’t intelligent enough to get the joke.

10. Greg
    May 21, 2015 at 4:58 pm — Reply

Neither, the space it takes up is far more valuable to me. Sketches and commissions hanging on the wall though……

11. Rolina Eldis
    May 21, 2015 at 10:07 pm — Reply

Well, I’d probably want a mix of the two. Mostly figurines with the occasional full size as an accent.