With the first trailers for Supergirl officially out (you should go check it out, if you haven’t) and it seems to have a lot of the requisite familiar Supergirl things. Jimmy… Sorry, James Olsen puts in an appearance, Linda seems very Linda-like, and the references to her famous cousin (the thing I most worried we wouldn’t get) are upfront and overt. With some adjustments for live-action, it seems like a pretty faithful adaptation of the Silver/Bronze Age version of the character, but there are a few things that I’m still wanting to see, leading us to today’s rocketed-from-a-dead-planet query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) is cautiously optimistic, but really kinda wants to see Streaky The Super-Cat in there someplace, asking: What one thing would you need to see in the show to realize your perfect idea of a Supergirl TV series?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

[Television] POW! Supergirl punches you in the face with another trailer

[Sneak Peek] The Blacklist

1. May 14, 2015 at 11:27 am — Reply

Since I’m old & weird, I’d love to see them find a way to work in the Legion and in particular Kara’s star-crossed romance with Brainiac 5. Failing that, just give her a cat named Streaky; he doesn’t have to be super-powered, just give the girl a pet.

2. May 14, 2015 at 11:31 am — Reply

Motivational conversation with Superman on top of the Daily Bugle globe.

3. nordberg01
    May 14, 2015 at 11:40 am — Reply

I was one of the people who truly disliked “Man of Steel” for its distaster movie-level violence and dark and fairly hopeless tone. I also didn’t get the warm fuzzies from the “Dawn Of Justice” trailer as my initial reaction was that it was just more of the same that we got in “Man of Steel,”

That being said, I clicked on the Supergirl trailer expecting more of that. Instead, it was, well…

fun.

It hit all the right notes to me for what a “Supergirl” show should be. After viewing the 6 minute trailer, I’m actually planning on watching the pilot instead of just sulking about it.

Yes, the old-school nerd in me would love to see Streaky, and Braniac 5, and maybe even the red headband, but that’s all gravy and if we don’t see it, I’m fine with it.

I don’t want to get too hopeful, but I will admit to thinking to myself as I watched the trailer “If they play their cards right, this could fill the hole left by Buffy.”

4. DamienR
    May 14, 2015 at 11:51 am — Reply

A love interest who is a rodeo trick-rider, but he also turns into a horse?

• May 14, 2015 at 3:37 pm — Reply

I’m not sure the world is ready for Comet on TV…

5. Alisha
    May 14, 2015 at 1:38 pm — Reply

Shower scenes. No, wait, I’m thinking of a different kind of program entirely there…

Actually, I want to see some fun DC cameos similar to what they have done with “Flash” and “Arrow”, bringing some good, interesting heroes/villains from the comic page to the small screen. I’m not sure who would be available so as not to step on the toes of Flash/Arrow and their cameos past and upcoming, but there are plenty of characters in the DCU that they should have no issue finding some characters they could bring to life. I particularly want to see some strong female characters and, if possible, the Legion of Superheroes.

• May 14, 2015 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Supergirl shower scenes? Count me i—

I mean, no! Wicked Alisha! Naughty Alisha!! That would be… wrong… or something.

• May 14, 2015 at 4:50 pm — Reply

(I myself have no objection to Naughty Wicked Alicia)

Jokes aside.. I’d want to see.. well, honestly, all that matters to me on a show is good character interaction. If they manage to keep the human side of it.. believable, engaging, and less of a One Tree Hill level soap opera, I can easily see myself really having fun with the show.

And lots of flying please. Lots of midair battles and shots. I just saw a picture of what rain looks like when you’re as high as the rain cloud and I want LOTS. OF. THAT.

6. Arbor Day
    May 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm — Reply

A shorter series. I think all these super hero tv shows would benefit from a tighter, more focused run.

• Guillaume Berube
      May 15, 2015 at 8:51 am — Reply

Agreed, 12 episodes seasons would benefit them a lot instead of the full fledged ones. The could produce more series if they want more out there.

• Alisha
      May 15, 2015 at 12:49 pm — Reply

I honestly wouldn’t mind if a few series took the route Doctor Who did a few years back or how the old “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys” began and produce a small number of specials or made-for-TV-movies rather than a full-fledged series.