We know Supergirl is getting a full series commitment from CBS, and now that the up fronts are over, the rest of the world gets to see the trailer for the show.

It’s not a bird. It’s not a plane. It’s not a man. It’s Supergirl. In the new drama from the world of DC Comics, Superman’s cousin, Kara Zor-El, embraces her superhuman abilities and becomes the hero she was always meant to be. This Fall on CBS.

So, what do you think?

Thor #8 Review

Dueling Review: Night Nurse

1. Kevin Flythe
    May 13, 2015 at 7:52 pm — Reply

Wow, this looks… fun! Not dark at all. I really hope this works and that we see more of this lighthearted tone creeping into modern superhero media. Can’t wait!

2. Lemmy Caution
    May 13, 2015 at 8:55 pm — Reply

I approve. Did I just write that? I did.

I
    approve.

They did good!

3. stellarleader
    May 13, 2015 at 8:59 pm — Reply

I loved this trailer! I hope I don’t get dissapointed

4. AceOfDymonds
    May 13, 2015 at 10:05 pm — Reply

Thoughts for:
    0:00 – 0:30: “okay, yeah the standard…”
    0:30 – 1:00: “…what the……I don’t… wait, what??”
    1:00 – 2:00: “a’ight, I think I get what they’re doing here”
    2:00 – 4:57: “this is probably never going to work, but it just might end up being interesting – I’ll at least give this a four-episode test”
    4:57 – 5:04: “oh good lord, no…”
    5:04 – 6:30: “yeah, that’s a shame, but this really isn’t going to work”

No way the “Department of Extra-Normal Operations” was anything other than something an exec told the writers they had to add in based on their market research and focus groups. I’m willing to give Felicity-meets-DCU an honest shot (at least it’s not going grim!dark), but trying to throw in some Agents of SHIELD / Stargate stuff on top? That’s just going right off the rails before it even starts.

(Also it may just be too early on, but the main actress really isn’t selling some of the lines.)

5. Guillaume Bérubé
    May 13, 2015 at 10:39 pm — Reply

The tone felt right. Way more happy and interesting than I expected. I’ll give it a try.

6. Jesse
    May 13, 2015 at 11:13 pm — Reply

Not my cup of tea, to much teenage drama for a girl that is trying to be a women. I just can’t take it seriously. At least I have Agent Carter for a second season.

7. Scott
    May 14, 2015 at 1:22 am — Reply

Feels very Adventures of Lois and Clark to me. This is not a bad thing.

8. May 14, 2015 at 3:46 am — Reply

Some pointers after watching this:

– I get really heavy “chick flick” feel from this, which I’m okay with, but its clearly not for me.
    – Someone really needs to tell Calista Flockhart to tone down Ally McBeal a little.
    – Why do they have hunky alpha-Jimmy but then cast goofball guy who is exactly like Jimmy should be, except hes not Jimmy?
    -Kara has pretty nice crib for an intern who carries coffee.
    -Costume looks good
    -There seems to be decent amount of action.
    – I got chills seeing the Flash trailer, this did noting.
    – I’ll give it a chance and even if I don’t like i, I’m alright with it, because its not done for me.
    – I might be spoiled by Daredevil.

Im probably so indifferent about character Supergirl in general that I don’t have strong opinion either way. (Power Girl done in the spirit of Palmiotti/Conner, on the other hand…)

• May 14, 2015 at 7:08 am — Reply

I think that this version of Jimmy Olsen is somewhat older than in most Superman incarnations, that’s probably why he’s more man, and not so much boyish and goofy. Mehcad Brooks is 35, and the Jimmy Olsen from the comics is probably from around 18-25.

9. Erik Waddell
    May 14, 2015 at 5:34 am — Reply

I watched this and said, “finally a superhero show I can watch with all my (young) kids.” It looks fun, not dark or over the top violent like most such shows. The Flash is currently my favourite show on TV, this may make second place.

10. Bryan
    May 14, 2015 at 7:25 am — Reply

I dig it.

11. b003
    May 14, 2015 at 8:09 pm — Reply

Well it’s not “Dark” Supergirl so that’s a plus.