After weeks of blurry photos, odd angles, and teasing fan around the world, the first picture of Jared Leto as the Joker in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie has been revealed.

The image comes from David Ayer who tweeted the image earlier this evening.

jared leto joker

It is definitely a different looking Joker from one we’ve seen before. If the Suicide Squad resembles anything like the animated movie Warner Bros. released last year, we are in for one insane Clown Prince of Crime.

Finally Friday for April 24, 2015 - Scott Johnson and Tornados

Critical Hit #297: All We Fight Are Goons

1. Mark
    April 24, 2015 at 8:35 pm — Reply

I was getting a little tired of the purple tux anyway.

2. Matt
    April 24, 2015 at 8:44 pm — Reply

As Liam O’Brien said on twitter “Home Alone 16?”

3. Will
    April 24, 2015 at 10:48 pm — Reply

Well, admittedly I wasn’t a big fan at first. But I have come to view it as a new change in character design. I’m still not the biggest fan of the forehead tattoo or the smiles, but perhaps it just shows how crazy he really is. I’m not going to dismiss this costume as a terrible new look. It’s just quite different.

4. Rob Mammone
    April 24, 2015 at 11:18 pm — Reply

Oh dear.

5. April 25, 2015 at 12:56 am — Reply

Well, if the crime doesnt pay, he can always start a metal band. Looks like he escaped from a cover of a tattoo magazine rather than Arkham.

6. April 25, 2015 at 11:01 am — Reply

Already looks better than Batman V.

7. M. Walsh
    April 25, 2015 at 11:32 am — Reply

And people called Heath Ledger’s Joker “emo.”

8. Alisha
    April 25, 2015 at 11:57 am — Reply

My first thought wasn’t Joker, it was “Is he trying to look like Marilyn Manson”?

• Malone_hasco
      April 25, 2015 at 12:08 pm — Reply

Pretty much my thought. I can see what they are trying here, but the problem is they are trying waaaay too hard. It comes through as committee designed, calculated “edgy” and “modern”. If they really think that makes The Joker scary or crazy, time for a reality check, I saw much more extreme looking guys in metal concerts when I was fifteen in 1995.

• Alisha
        April 25, 2015 at 12:45 pm — Reply

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think this is a bad way to go for an interpretation of Joker, it just doesn’t really seem as visually frightening/disturbed to me as it does just someone who likes looking a little different. I’m hoping his portrayal sells it more than the look does. I have friends that look more like those you described from metal concerts (who also happen to be some of the nicest people you could ever meet), so maybe I’m just not the target research audience.

• Malone_hasco
          April 25, 2015 at 12:50 pm — Reply

Good writing and actor performance can change a lot. Yeah, I know what you’re saying, I was one of those guys, except tattoos before I went to military service.

9. Andreas
    April 26, 2015 at 12:35 pm — Reply

The grill is just plain stupid. Like everything else thou, and will definately see the film. But please, for the love of saint Peter, get with the teeth.