moderncitysmll

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Podcast: A mysterious ghost? Gang warfare? Strange things are afoot. Will our heroes figure out what is going down in Soggy Town?

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

Finally Friday for March 20, 2015 - The Boy is the luckiest kid I know...

Nerds Fight Back: NERD-CON 2015

1. Lee Brown
    March 21, 2015 at 8:35 am — Reply

Haha! Not even into the show proper yet, but that intro was epic!

2. March 21, 2015 at 12:08 pm — Reply

This just keeps on rolling. Fun times all round!

3. Andreas
    March 22, 2015 at 2:05 am — Reply

Modern City is my favorite place in the whole world.
    This show is super, super great, thank you soo much.

4. MTB
    March 22, 2015 at 3:06 am — Reply

I’m really enjoying this, well done.

One thing… I’m surprised at how long the combat is taking. I assumed FATE combat would be pretty quick and only a minor part of the story. Can an experienced FATE player tell me if this episode is typical..?

• March 22, 2015 at 6:39 am — Reply

I think its mostly because that particular fight includes 16 characters. Thats quite big and would take some time with almost any system. Zombie-Gators also proved to be a lot more resilient opponents than most people thought.

• chadfops
      March 22, 2015 at 11:57 am — Reply

I also think a big part of the fight length is half the table is learning the system, and taking the time to describe both the scene and the system to the listeners. I’m sure that once things get going the pace of the combat will pick up.

-Chad

• March 22, 2015 at 1:15 pm — Reply

The team is also creating Stunts while playing which takes a while.

Normally the Zombie-Gators would have one initiative but it seems they decided to switch it up a little

5. March 22, 2015 at 7:14 pm — Reply

The intro was absolutely amazing.

6. andyroo
    March 23, 2015 at 6:24 am — Reply

Awesome guys. I was just wondering who made you the Modern City logo

• March 23, 2015 at 3:36 pm — Reply

One of our great Spoilerites! Look for more of his work soon!

7. Frederick, aka Darth Macho
    March 23, 2015 at 2:31 pm — Reply

Zombie Gators rule! I think we should see a few cross over to the Critical Hit universe!

8. March 24, 2015 at 4:40 pm — Reply

I’ve only heard about the Fate system, never played it (I DM two D&D games right now) but I love how this is shaping up. The storytelling aspects, as well as the different characters, are really playing well into the whole superhero/comic book ethos. Well done!

9. Jaek
    March 26, 2015 at 11:57 pm — Reply

It would be criminal if I didn’t mention how much I’m enjoying this off season. It’s a lot of fun, and in all honesty, if I could afford to give you all a bit of monetary support, I would. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how similar the Fate system is to Cortex Plus? Never played either, but it sounds like there is some overlap.