After the age of 30 I came to the conclusion that I don’t like walking around the house with orange stained fingers from those powdered cheese snacks (Doritos, cheesy poofs, etc.), and I can’t stand to eat those snacks while I play games or surf the Internet. I do, however have a love for these snacks (in moderation of course), and while living on the West Coast I started using chopsticks to eat these snacks. While some may think it slows down the eating, and others think it is completely weird, others have been using this technique years before I stumbled up it. Which brings us to the Major Spoilers Poll of the Week!

Do you ever use chopsticks to eat "cheesy snacks"?(Comment)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

SNEAK PEEK: Lumberjanes #12

SNEAK PEEK: Borderlands #7: Tannis & The Vault Part 3 (of 4)

1. Alisha
    March 17, 2015 at 1:50 pm — Reply

Nope. But I usually only eat snacks that leave my fingers stained or greasy or otherwise messy when I’m exclusively watching a movie or TV show and not multi-tasking (like playing a video game or reading a book while I have the movie or show in the background), particularly on things where I really have to pay attention such as subtitled foreign movies/series. Cheetos, popcorn, BBQ wings and so on are so tempting, but I don’t want to get cheese powder/butter/BBQ sauce/etc over my books or on my game controllers or anything like that, but at the same time I feel weird trying to eat them without just holding them with my hands. After snacking, I scrub my hands pretty well (usually two to four times) before I touch anything.

2. Rob
    March 17, 2015 at 1:50 pm — Reply

Honestly I never really liked those kinds of snacks but when I do eat them I take the crumbs on the chin, metiphoricly speaking.

3. March 17, 2015 at 2:08 pm — Reply

Nope, im not that good with sticks. I’ll just be careful not to touch anything and its been working thus far.

4. MrJeff
    March 17, 2015 at 2:51 pm — Reply

Due to “Eating Healthy” (and making my wife happy), I am no longer eating these kinds of snacks. However, there was a time in which some snack foods were indeed eaten with the non-American-standard utensil.

Of course, in my family chopsticks have been a very well-known household multi-taskers. Here are some of the applications that I have used, or seen used, some variation of these products:
    * Consuming “expected” food types
    * Consuming “non-expected” food types. (Including, but not limited to: cheese puffs, bacon, cheese, salami, “veggies and dip”, spaghetti & other pastas)
    * Fondue skewers
    * Latch Repair
    * Door Shim
    * Craft Stick Replacement
    * Tent Stake

5. Ray
    March 17, 2015 at 4:57 pm — Reply

When I used to smoke, we would use chopsticks to hold the cigarettes when we wanted to look cool. But Cheese balls? No, I’ve never been that cool.

• Alisha
      March 17, 2015 at 5:05 pm — Reply

I’m no longer a smoker either, but I do occasionally have a smoke in times of really high stress (probably a half a pack a year, if that). But my friend got me this e-cig thingie that has the taste/feel of smoking without the nicotine, tar, etc. (I have three flavors, one like Marlboro, one like Sweet Tarts and one like Mt. Dew) that kind of looks like a Sonic Screwdriver, and you have to press a button for the “smoke” (its actually a steam/vapor) to come out. I’m now trying to figure out how to use chopsticks to use that (I’m guessing I’ll either need to hold it a very specific way or use three chopsticks).

6. TheWolverine
    March 17, 2015 at 5:40 pm — Reply

Well, for the past however many years, what I do is just eat (insert preferred snack item here) directly from the bag into my mouth. Since I’m the only one eating from the bag I don’t have to worry about sharing potential germs. Before I started doing that I would put on a plastic glove (a cleaned and sanitized one of course) to eat with. Just take off the glove and instant clean up. And yes, you could say I’m a bit of a neat freak.

7. Clubberlang6
    March 17, 2015 at 6:27 pm — Reply

Personally I would rather eat cheese puffs out of a feed bag chopsticks seems too much of a hassle

8. J
    March 18, 2015 at 8:50 am — Reply

I haven’t, but I have to say it is a really good idea. For years I’ve been working around the “snack problem” when I play boardgames and this seems like a really smart solution. i like it!

9. Drew N
    March 18, 2015 at 1:18 pm — Reply

I guess this makes sense but I’ve never even heard of this idea.

• March 18, 2015 at 2:39 pm — Reply

Looking at the poll results, you’re not alone ;) I’M THE FREAK! :D

10. March 19, 2015 at 11:27 am — Reply

While I don’t usually chopsticks to eat cheesey snacks, I have used Cheetos to teach kids how to use chopsticks. They’re larger than rice, pretty cheap, and most kids love them. For some reason it never occurred to me to eat MY cheesey snacks that way…

11. Mauther
    March 19, 2015 at 11:54 am — Reply

This is an abomination. If your going to eat cheese puffs (or whatever name their being sold under), you have a moral obligation to get your hands dirty. It’s a metaphor for life.

12. March 19, 2015 at 11:59 am — Reply

The cheese dust is a small price to pay for delicious cheese-like flavor. The only tools I use are my hands when gobbling cheesy snacks.

13. Sarah
    March 20, 2015 at 3:13 pm — Reply

I once ate a banana with chopsticks just to be able to say that one time I ate a banana with chopsticks. You have to watch out for banana chunks falling on the floor.

14. Frederick, aka Darth Macho
    March 20, 2015 at 8:54 pm — Reply

I’ve used chopsticks to eat all kinds of things, so this makes perfect sense to me! I learned to use chopsticks by using them to eat blueberries.

• March 21, 2015 at 10:00 am — Reply

I read that as “eat butterflies” and suddenly had the most bizarre image of you, in full Sith robes, chasing flies through a field waving light saber chopsticks…

15. March 22, 2015 at 12:36 am — Reply

Yes, it is just so much cleaner. I eat them while doing work and don`t want to touch papers with cheese fingers.

16. Jani
    March 24, 2015 at 12:40 am — Reply

I’ve never used chopsticks for cheesy-snacks, but they are perfect for getting small pickles out of the jar.