moderncitysmll

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Podcast: In order for a team to be great, they must first team-up. Plus the never before revealed fate of Cow Poke!

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

Click for Larger Image (2400x2400px)
Click for Larger Image (2400x2400px)
[signoff predefined=”PayPal Donation” icon=”icon-cog”][/signoff]

Finally Friday for March 13, 2015 - Where's the Supergirl News?

Ninjak #1 Review

1. Malozing
    March 14, 2015 at 8:35 am — Reply

I would love to have the posters! Also I love the little segment of MCR. You are going all out with the little touches.

• J Perez
      March 14, 2015 at 9:18 am — Reply

Oh yeah, this is a new podcast for sure. Can’t wait for the story to begin!

2. March 14, 2015 at 9:18 am — Reply

Another fantastic episode! And yes please, do posters of the characters.

3. March 14, 2015 at 10:25 am — Reply

Thoroughly enjoying this off season of Critical Hit with the FATE system! The intro bit with MCR is an awesome idea, and I hope to hear more like it! Who is providing the voice acting for these parts? Are they Major Spoilers fan-contributed?

• March 14, 2015 at 2:31 pm — Reply

I know the MPR Announcer voice is Brian Ibbott from Coverville, but I could not ID any of the other voices. I also liked Scott Johnson doing his old timey voice on the last episode.

4. N Ingerson
    March 14, 2015 at 10:29 am — Reply

I love all of these character concepts! I would for certain buy the cover art from your cross-over issues. The clever titles and stunning imagery would look great framed next to my comic collection and table-top rpg books!

5. Michael
    March 14, 2015 at 11:09 am — Reply

I thought THUNDERHEAD was a little too on-the-nose and had this one pop in my head:

Dr. Jeremy Cumulo was an atmospheric physicist working on a device to control the weather, providing rain in times of drought. One night while working on the device, the weather channel was interrupted by breaking news on the Thunder City Bison/Glory/Douche-keteers. Infuriated by society’s over-importance on sports over world issues, he accidentally activated the weather machine. It morphs his body in to a storm cloud and the doctor becomes the villain NIMBUS.

He can then come back stronger at a later time as SUPERCELL.

6. Jay
    March 14, 2015 at 12:57 pm — Reply

“There’s no embargo on ghosts!”

Classic Disaster King!

7. WiredJ
    March 14, 2015 at 1:29 pm — Reply

I’ve really liked the Modern City stuff so far, and I can’t wait to hear the actual gameplay interactions between these characters. I thought you guys did a decent job with your characters in the 5e canned adventure, but this is so much more fun.

8. MTB
    March 14, 2015 at 3:23 pm — Reply

Loved the radio report at the beginning. This is shaping up to be so much fun!

• March 14, 2015 at 10:02 pm — Reply

Thanks. I know I’m having a blast with this game/story/system!

9. ArckAngel_X
    March 14, 2015 at 7:29 pm — Reply

Again, really enjoying these Modern City explorations. Also, find the newsreels, newspapers, etc to a really fun, cool touch!

• March 14, 2015 at 10:03 pm — Reply

I approach this as all part of the world building, and if it gets everyone else as excited as I am, then that is a bonus!

10. Matthew
    March 15, 2015 at 3:54 pm — Reply

The Modern City segments have been incredible. I know you all do not have the time to make this a regular story, but If the main 4e game ever permanently wraps up I personally would love to see you guys return to this world.

• March 15, 2015 at 4:48 pm — Reply

Thanks for the kind words Matthew.

You are correct, we currently do not have time or resources to do another RPG podcast, but when we hit our VIP target goal at http://members.majorspoilers.com, this will be the next game podcast we produce for everyone.

If 1/10th of our Critical Hit listeners signed up right now, we’d be in production of this new show before you know it ;)

Thanks again for your comments! We hope we can bring this game to you very soon!

• Matthew Malis
        March 17, 2015 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Is there any way VIP’s are able to see your Modern City FATE character sheets?

• March 17, 2015 at 1:42 pm — Reply

Yes. When we actually get into the game play we’ll share the character sheets.

11. March 17, 2015 at 6:31 am — Reply

Loving the world building you guys are doing, can’t wait to see how this all actually plays! I hope we can see this spun off to a new show, CH is worth my membership alone but I think MC would attract new members who maybe aren’t about the sword&sorcery.

Would be V interested in a T-shirt of the MC heroes!

12. Perm
    March 17, 2015 at 5:58 pm — Reply

If there were posters available I would very seriously consider buying four of them, one for each wall in my bedroom. That way I would be protected from all cardinal directions. Seriously though if there are multiple posters(the team ups!! wow!!) and also shirts I’ll be a happy, stylish camper.

13. Harrison Floyd
    March 18, 2015 at 4:09 am — Reply

Hi Guys,

I absolutely love and i mean love your current Fate game. I have been listening on and off to your D&D podcasts for about a year now from sunny old England. The production / radio clips have been inspired!

Also keep up the good work on your 4th edition campaign(s). Love the story and respect that 4th is the system for you.

Harry.

14. DanteMarx
    March 19, 2015 at 7:16 pm — Reply

Really digging this segment. I enjoy world-building as a DM, and these first few segments have been a cool exercise in collaborative design. Excited to hear more.

15. March 27, 2015 at 3:45 pm — Reply

My favorite part of listening is how much fun you guys are having together.

16. Hardwater
    March 10, 2016 at 6:09 pm — Reply

Dammit… I spat my drink….
    Major Spiller over here…
    *pinch pinch pinch pinch*

What a fun listen so far. You guys clearly really like Fate!
    Will have to try now!