Production is well underway for the CBS series, Supergirl, and today we get our first look at the heroine in her costume.

SUPERGIRL-First-Look-Image-Full-Body-c137a SGIRL-head-shot-bd9b9

The costume is designed by Collen Atwood, who designed the costumes for The Flash and Arrow, and considering this is a Berlanti Production, it makes sense to keep the look consistent, even across the two networks.

Personally, I think this is a wonderful costume, that gives us something realistic without diving into the sexy, cheesecake style we’ve seen in other iterations of Supergirl.

New Tomorrowland poster has arrived

Finally Friday for March 08, 2015 - Supergirl Revealed

1. March 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm — Reply

Looks pretty good Supergirl to me. I hope they’ll do some good stories too.

2. TheWolverine
    March 6, 2015 at 3:25 pm — Reply

Nice

3. Alisha
    March 6, 2015 at 3:57 pm — Reply

Not bad. Nothing super special (no pun intended), but I like it well enough. I’m actually glad they didn’t try to completely redesign the costume, and the alterations they did make (like the leggings and no yellow or other color between the S shield and the costume base) work for me.

• Alisha
      March 6, 2015 at 4:02 pm — Reply

And yes, I did notice the yellow outline of the S shield, I meant the parts that are usually filled in with yellow (or sometimes black or other colors depending on character or incarnation).

4. March 6, 2015 at 10:21 pm — Reply

Don’t love the height of the boots, but that is an obvious bit of nit picking on an otherwise great look.

• March 7, 2015 at 11:48 am — Reply

If Gwen Stacy can wear knee-high call girl boots while doing a professional internship at a major scientific company like OSCorp then there’s no reason why Supergirl can’t wear them while fighting crime, LOL.

• March 7, 2015 at 5:58 pm — Reply

Personally, I have a difficult time disagreeing with any of Emma Stone’s fashion choices.

5. Arbor Day
    March 7, 2015 at 1:00 pm — Reply

I find it a little weird that she looks like a young Annette O’Toole.

• Alisha
      March 7, 2015 at 1:49 pm — Reply

Holy crap, you’re right!

6. Bruno
    March 7, 2015 at 4:05 pm — Reply

Cool! I like it.

7. Ricco
    March 8, 2015 at 12:32 pm — Reply

Hummm, 2 issues with the costume:
    1. The boots are too high and the folds bug me for some reason.
    2. The colors are too dark, it reminds me of Man of Steel, or as I like to cal it “Super-Batman Begins”

Then again it’s a photo in action it may look much better and ultimately how good the show will come down to the quality of the story line not the costume, at 1st I did not like The Flash costume yet the show is so good and so true to the comic it’s not even funny!

The only real problem I see with the Supergirl show is that the character itself kinda lives in the shadow of Superman and I’m not sure how well it will work without a Superman show to anchor/legitimatize it.

• March 9, 2015 at 1:35 pm — Reply

Well don’t forget the Dawn of Justice movie’s full title is”Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.” I still contend that means Man of Steel was really “Batman IV Superman: Man of Steel.”