Batman has always had it right: Get yourself an impressive car, and regardless of whether or not you have superpowers, you can be considered the best of the best. Indeed, the Batmobile and it’s requisite air and sea counterparts are some of the most iconic bits of bat-regalia, and have been widely duplicated. (Green Arrow’s Arrow-plane gets extra points for the bad pun.) Here at Major Spoilers, the podcast crew follow the trend as best we can, with my red Chrysler, Stephen’s blue jeep and Rodrigo’s Yaris-that-transforms-into-a-robot-frog-or-at-least-that’s-his-story, which leads us to today’s vehicular query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced “shee-vuh-row-lut”) still wants a 60s/70s muscle car, especially in red, and always imagines Zach driving Scooter from Go-Bots, asking: What vehicle would YOU choose to be your personal Me-Mobile?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Avery Hill announces for books for 2015

SNEAK PEEK: Imperium #2

1. Doctor Dinosaur
    February 27, 2015 at 11:39 am — Reply

Can any car beat the design of the Jaguar E-Type? I think not.

It’s a superficial choice, but it’s the only logical choice, since I wouldn’t have any use for a car other than to look at it.

2. Alisha
    February 27, 2015 at 11:55 am — Reply

When I was a teenager, I had actually wanted a modified Lamborghini LM002.
    Considering that it was built as a military vehicle, it was supposed to be able to take a bit of a pounding, have shatter-proof glass, etc. Not the prettiest vehicle around, but I wanted to give it a few modifications (realistic mods, nothing like an oil slick button or 3-in-1 headlights/flamethrowes/missile launchers or anything like that). It would also have a nice glossy black base color and vibrant green flames on the front. And of course, pink fuzzy d20 hanging from the rearview mirror.

I also wanted a modified old hearse/ambulance like the car that became Ecto-1. I wanted to make it partially inspired by Ecto-1 while also making it unique (imagine if Rob Zombie had reimagined Ecto-1 and you’ll have an idea what kind of car I wanted).

I

3. TheWolverine
    February 27, 2015 at 3:26 pm — Reply

A 1968 390 V8 Ford Mustang GT fastback like Steve McQueen had in Bullitt. Preferably in black, but any dark color will do. And also modified if possible to an automatic transmission, I never did get the hang of manual stick shift.

4. February 27, 2015 at 5:04 pm — Reply

I think Imperial Star Destroyer would be my ride. Not Super Star Destroyer though, people might think Im compensating something.

• Alisha
      February 28, 2015 at 9:22 am — Reply

Well sure, if they ever become available or we fall through a tear in space/time, having one of those would be awesome.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: If I had my own Star Destroyer, I’m having it painted a golden orange-yellow with select bits of shading to resemble a wedge of cheese. My theory is people will be laughing at it so hard that I’ll have time to glidel in and start blasting them at my leisure.

Though in more of a personal vehicle category, I’d settle for a modified Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor (the Jedi Interceptor from Episode III and The Clone Wars animated series) with a flame pattern paint job and updated engine and weaponry. And I’d install a rearview mirror to hang fuzzy chance cubes.

5. J Perez
    February 27, 2015 at 9:06 pm — Reply

’57 Chevy Cameo. Wierd looking for it’s time but smartly designed, elegant, strong and practical. Perfect.
    Also, today no one will mistake you truck with anything else thatn your truck.