In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: Goblins and Owlbears, as Major Spoilers continues with The Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit and Major Spoilers merchandise!

[signoff predefined=”PayPal Donation” icon=”icon-cog”][/signoff]

IMG_5659 IMG_5660 IMG_5661 IMG_5662 IMG_5663 IMG_5664 IMG_5665 IMG_5666 IMG_5667 IMG_5668 IMG_5669 IMG_5670 IMG_5671 IMG_5672 IMG_5673

Finally Friday for February 6, 2015 - Cha-cha-cha-Changes

Hawkeye #21 Review

1. Cory
    February 7, 2015 at 3:52 pm — Reply

Despite all your grumbling about fifth edition, I keep coming back week after week and this is easily my favorite D&D podcast to listen to. Jerks.

2. Double E
    February 7, 2015 at 9:18 pm — Reply

Team name… The Malagogos? Nearon’s Neurons? Drenar and the Dungeon Dwellers? (Not sure the official spellings.)

The scroll of silence? Hello darkness my old friend?

3. Andreas
    February 8, 2015 at 1:13 am — Reply

“Wellcome to Critical hit, home of the running gag.”
    Thank you all for another great, great episode.
    love it and plug it to all my frieds – be a proud DnD nerd!

4. John
    February 8, 2015 at 11:59 am — Reply

I really enjoy the different ways Rodrigo comes up with to flavor help and bardic inspiration. These would be good refrences for people looking for ways to get people to roleplay more. Having them do non-threatening flavor text like this might loosen people up for more involved role play between characters.

5. Sean Farrell
    February 8, 2015 at 5:27 pm — Reply

I’ve been playing 5e in a local shop as a part of adventurer’s league. It seemed like no one rolled with advantage during the surprise round in the first fight. Suprise gives advantage. Also, Brian, getting cantrips or spells that require a save would make sense since you force other things to roll dice, especially with full plated hobgoblins.

6. EricJude
    February 9, 2015 at 8:00 am — Reply

Is the owlbear’s name Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat?

• February 9, 2015 at 9:56 am — Reply

No, it’s bob.

• EricJude
        February 9, 2015 at 10:46 am — Reply

Thanks. I wasn’t sure because “multi-attack” and “multi-pass” are close in sounds.

7. Tim Tellefsen
    February 10, 2015 at 1:17 pm — Reply

I am not a huge fan of 4e but I really enjoy listening to you all play it and if I were ever to play 4e again I would embrace the rules and have a good time. There are games I truly hate to play so instead of playing and whining the whole time I simply choose not to play them. Seriously, enough with the 5e bashing already. Either keep an open mind and try to have fun or stop playing it. Every time I hear one of you say “I hate this edition” or something similar I stop listening. Ugh, I really dislike posting such a negative comment. I really love this podcast and have looked forward to it every week. I have encouraged my gaming group to listen and unfortunately I am now regretting that decision. Keep playing and recording please. I still love you you guys.

• February 10, 2015 at 2:53 pm — Reply

You do know that when Matthew says “I hate fifth edition” he’s joking, right?

• Rumtuggle the Fabulous
        February 10, 2015 at 4:59 pm — Reply

5E took Matthews d20 magic away.

I think it’s because he doesn’t have an axe – your character uses an axe.

Axes are the key to success on Critical Hit.

• February 10, 2015 at 7:02 pm — Reply

Arbalest didn’t have an axe, and he’s still alive as far as we know. :)

• Tiles
        February 10, 2015 at 5:53 pm — Reply

Maybe it was a joke the first 20 times he was “joking”, but the last 20 were not very funny. The first 20 weren’t funny either. Are you sure it was a joke? He is usually more funny and does not tell the same joke over and over and over. Maybe he does not “hate” 5e , also black is not black if it is dark dark dark grey. Not black. See?

• February 10, 2015 at 7:01 pm — Reply

Actually, I’m known for telling the same joke over and over. It’s actually one of my favorite humorous devices.

As for Fifth Edition, you clearly love it, and that’s perfectly fine. My experience was mixed. Please note that I moderate comments on a daily basis, so any questions about my motivations are easily aimed at me, there’s no need to presume, project or create any straw men to represent them.

• Tiles
            February 10, 2015 at 7:42 pm — Reply

When no one laughs at a joke, that is a signal to repeat and repeat? I have never heard that as a humorous device. You know it’s working when people keep not laughing. This works for you? Enough to use as a device?

• February 12, 2015 at 3:10 pm — Reply

I use that same humor device myself. Some jokes just never get old. My wife does NOT agree.

8. Wibert
    February 10, 2015 at 9:03 pm — Reply

My mind reading abilities only work on my wife (altho not very well), but I’m not taking Matthew’s “I hate 5E” too seriously. Congrats on another great pod cast guys, loves every episode so far :)

9. MTB
    February 11, 2015 at 5:47 am — Reply

+1 for The Malo-go-gos

Another fun session, and it’s been interesting to hear the group tackling a more traditional dungeon crawl. Folks should chill out about the alleged 5e hate – Matthew is clearly making a joke.

10. steve
    February 11, 2015 at 11:30 pm — Reply

I know that this off-season session is probably over… but it would be nice to have the players introduce their characters once in a while. It would help to remind me why the bard has glowing eyes and the occasional pirate joke. I remember mostly but sometimes I fail the save vs. forgetfulness

11. Borado
    February 13, 2015 at 8:08 pm — Reply

Love the show guys. I found it completely By accident and have loved every episode I have listened to. Your off season 5e have helped me with some of the pitfalls of 5e. I’ve taken all information I’ve gleaned from your show to my group to help better understand the system thanks again and stay golden pony boys and girl.