The new Fantastic Four movie has been chastised even before a frame of the film had been seen, but that changes now as the first trailer has arrived!

Wow, there are some stunning visuals in that nice, little trailer, mainly the quick shot of The Thing and Michael B. Jordan getting his flame on. I’m actually feeling pretty optimistic about this iteration of The Fantastic Four. Obviously we have only seen a small portion of the film, but the tone they seem to be going for feels similar to the X-Men franchise and those have only done us wrong a couple times.

The big question is, what do you think? Do you like the casting decisions now that you have seen them in costume? Have higher hopes now than just from reading rumors all across the Internet? Take to the comments below!

via Fox

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

SNEAK PEEK: Flash Gordon #8

SNEAK PEEK: King: Flash Gordon #1

1. Patrick
    January 27, 2015 at 8:57 am — Reply

Interesting. Almost has a challengers of the unknown feel. More sci-fi mystery than superhero. Wasn’t overly excited before but am now. I do wonder how any success here might affect Marvel’s handling of FF in the comics.

• Websnap
      January 27, 2015 at 11:35 am — Reply

The book is cancelled. They had announced it in October. With Secret Wars coming they have an excuse to bench the book and realign the characters thought the new look Marvel U – even just temporarily.

2. Matt
    January 27, 2015 at 9:07 am — Reply

Just wish Marvel could get X-Men and FF back in house.

3. Loy Turns
    January 27, 2015 at 9:43 am — Reply

I feel they should be going for a lighter tone and more of a family feel, as family is one of the themes of the Fantastic Four. Maybe Fox should just give the FF rights back to Marvel, and we can get an MCU film with them.

• Websnap
      January 27, 2015 at 11:37 am — Reply

No, please… this is not based around Marvel 616, it’s based off of the Ultimate universe. They are younger and not a “Family Unit”, like X-Men they are close friends and team mates. It’s supposed to have a different feel that the traditional FF.

• January 27, 2015 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Uh, weren’t they still a ‘family unit’ in the Ultimate Universe?

I mean, Ben was still Reed’s best friend. Reed was still into Sue. Sue was still Johnny’s sister.

Yeah, it didn’t play out the same way but, essentially, the group started the same way (except that they were all together when they were kids / teens).

4. Bruno
    January 27, 2015 at 9:53 am — Reply

Well, it doesn’t look terrible.

5. Lemmy Caution
    January 27, 2015 at 9:53 am — Reply

Dislike.

6. January 27, 2015 at 10:00 am — Reply

Grey, “dark” and “gritty”, just what I didnt want to see. They dont even have costumes, those are just like some army tactical gear. Only bald MMA guys and guns are missing.

7. ryan roeger
    January 27, 2015 at 10:50 am — Reply

It looks to be like they are finally making a real origin movie for the FF and with a MUCH younger cast then that other iteration. Will it be good? if its a nice mix of sci-fi and superhero and develops the characters well even for new viewers it will be and hopefully we can finally have a FF trilogy over the next ten years. And my attempt of being like Matthew, “the FF did not even wear costumes until issue 3”

8. January 27, 2015 at 12:03 pm — Reply

I hate to be the one to point this out, but … Thing is naked.

#NoOneWantsToSeeLittleThing

• Alisha
      January 28, 2015 at 10:52 am — Reply

Brodie Bruce from “Mallrats” might. Remember, he DID ask Stan Lee “The Thing, is his dork made up of orange rock like the rest of his body?” in the movie.

9. Doctor Dinosaur
    January 27, 2015 at 12:51 pm — Reply

Well that was a let down.. cue the obligatory moaning!

It looks like Prometheus and it sounds like Interstellar.

Come on people!
    It’s the Fantastic Four!
    Make it look like 2001 A Space Odyssey (Easier said than done ;) and have it sound like Buckminster Fuller himself wrote it.
    It should be optimistic, shiny, visually impactful, adventurous, SMART and mind bending! I have a feeling that the most far-out scientific concept that’ll be brought up in this flick is a mangling of what multidimensional space means. Discovery and exploration. Thought experiments! This is all so dumb and dreary looking. I want my Tom Strong, Ian M Banks type scifi. You know mind boggling like Philip K Dick but idealistic like Sagan. This is like writing a Doctor Who movie and taking inspiration from Armageddon…

Yes! I have through prophecy imagined what this movie is, and I have decided that I don’t like, not one bit.
    Is this unjust.. YES!

Well at least I can look forward to “Tomorrowland”.

• Bruno
      January 28, 2015 at 9:29 am — Reply

I think that why I find it kinda underwhelming. I’m not a huge fan of Nolan, and it feels like a Nolan movie.

10. TheWolverine
    January 27, 2015 at 3:00 pm — Reply

Gee, how depressing can you get?