One of our Major Spoilerites dropped us a quick email yesterday to let us know that Collector’s Kingdom comic shop in Huntington Station, New York caught fire.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Though we don’t have a confirmed report of how much damage the comic shop suffered, Major Spoilerite Jason told us that thousands of dollars worth of comics, toys, and merchandise have been reduced to ash.

There’s a burned out shell now where the store once was. CK opened in 1982 and has been a local hot spot for our beloved culture. Now? Who knows. Mike, the current owner of the store, has been in radio silence and I’m not sure of his plans, but I know for certain he could use the support of the community that he loves and has supported for so many years.

A spokesperson for Collector’s Kingdom did post to their Facebook page that the store is currently looking at options.

Collectors Kingdom would like to thank you for all the amazing support while we go through this tough time. We are working towards some ideas to help us “rise from the ashes.” If you would like to help, please private message us and we will keep you in the loop…Thank you and stay tuned….

It’s really tragic when a favorite store/hangout suffers a set back like this, and if it is arson, let’s hope the culprit is captured soon.


About Author

Stephen Schleicher began his career writing for the Digital Media Online community of sites, including Digital Producer and Creative Mac covering all aspects of the digital content creation industry. He then moved on to consumer technology, and began the Coolness Roundup podcast. A writing fool, Stephen has freelanced for Sci-Fi Channel's Technology Blog, and Gizmodo. Still longing for the good ol' days, Stephen launched Major Spoilers in July 2006, because he is a glutton for punishment. You can follow him on Twitter @MajorSpoilers and tell him your darkest secrets...

1 Comment

  1. Reminds me of when one of the shops I used to frequent had to close down in the early 90’s because the business next door caught fire and it spread. I feel for the owners, employees and people who frequented the place.

Leave A Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.