A new team of Avengers assemble for Avengers: Ultron Forever

Major Spoilers Podcast Movie Special: Interstellar (2014)

1. November 28, 2014 at 5:39 pm — Reply

test. i liked it.

2. Ryan
    November 28, 2014 at 5:45 pm — Reply

Going into hibernation chamber now so I don’t have to wait a year to see

3. Rob
    November 28, 2014 at 6:43 pm — Reply

Well it doesn’t give much away as I’d expect from a teaser trailee. I will wait until we get a bit more before I get my fan boy on.

4. Alisha
    November 29, 2014 at 10:42 am — Reply

I really did not like the sword lightsaber. Unless it is someone’s attempt at building a lightsaber that isn’t a Jedi, Dark Jedi or Sith, I just thought the little exhaust flame type side things looked like something out of a parody video.

I thought the ball droid was pretty funny, though.

5. Ricco
    November 29, 2014 at 3:46 pm — Reply

They are not exhaust flames but light saber blades, apparently cross bladed lightsabers are a thing in the extended Universe:

I loved it, it adds a ton of options in close combat.

They have being using those lightsabers like medieval swords since forever, but they lacked the cross guards to (among other things) push/disarm the opponent once they locked blades.

It *always* ended up in the dumb “both fighters push to see who is stronger”, also seeing how the character with the blade was likely the same actress that plays Brienne in GoT they might have wanted to make her a blade that would allow to use her current sword skills.

• Alisha
      November 30, 2014 at 8:59 am — Reply

I just don’t see it, sorry. Of course, it could just be the way it was shown in the clip and I might rethink once I see it a little clearly.

If they looked a little more blade-like (like those in the EU art) and less like flames, or if they were positioned a little differently (tilted upwards a little to be closer to the main blade), then it might be different. As it is, the guard has a reasonably large space where it wouldn’t stop an opposing blade that could simply cut off the emitter (similar to how some lightsabers in the EU were sliced just below where the blade emerges to make them useless). I do agree that it is a much more practical concept, but I just don’t like the way the one they made looks.

I’m still hoping we will eventually see a Lightwhip or this thing that I cannot recall the name of at the moment (which is really sad since I used one on my tabletop RP character for four years)

6. November 30, 2014 at 6:38 am — Reply

While that hand guard in lightsaber looks a bit strange, it actually makes a lot of sense, especially with a weapon that can cut off you fingers really easily. Overall, looked like Star Wars.

• Ian
      November 30, 2014 at 11:16 am — Reply

Positioned at right angles as they are, they are more likely to cut off the wielder’s wrist

• November 30, 2014 at 11:41 am — Reply

Well, same kind of hand guard in traditional European longsword never touches wielders wrist, I dont see how that would be any different.

7. Oldcomicfan
    November 30, 2014 at 11:50 am — Reply

Wow. An awesome trailer… and all people can do is argue about the idiot side flames on the lightsabre. I was not excited by the prospect of new movies, but after seeing the trailer, I am excited now!