Every so often its a good idea to see where our readers and listener sit on very important topics. Take epic space tales for example Рthough we can love both, today you have to pick your favorite; Star Trek or Star Wars?  While you can click on a button and move on, make sure you use the comment section to tell us why you selected one over the other.

Which do you prefer? (Comment Here)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: The Last Fall #3 (of 5)

SNEAK PEEK: The Maxx: Maxximized #13

1. HipHopHead
    November 18, 2014 at 12:05 pm — Reply

I voted to go boldly where no man has gone before: Star Trek.

I expect the masses to vote for Star Wars (unless they saw episodes I – III), however without Star Trek there is no Star Wars. Gene Roddenberry took the big risk of launching his space opera in the heyday of TV Western and 50 years later his creation is going strong.

I personally loved the first Star Trek movie with the “villain” V-Ger. As one who remember the launch of Voyager, I thought it was brilliant story writing by including real world events. Who knows V-Ger may return?

2. Rob
    November 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm — Reply

Oh God, how can I possibly choose! They are both such an important part of my life. It’s like Sophie’s Choice.
    ….
    okay Star Trek then.

3. Alisha
    November 18, 2014 at 2:07 pm — Reply

When I was much younger (about 10 – 13), I would have chosen Star Trek. But now? Star Wars.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy both franchises immensely. Both their various entries into their respective canons as well as their respective Expanded Universes have kept me entertained for a good chunk of my life. But Star Wars just gives me more enjoyment. It isn’t that there is “more” (between the various series, movies, comics and novels, I’m pretty sure Trek wins in quantity), just that I get more enjoyment from what there is available in the Star Wars setting.

4. Cat Halo
    November 18, 2014 at 2:44 pm — Reply

Star Wars. Always Wars. I grew up on those movies, those toys, and the swirling rumors that there could be more movies one day.
    On the other hand, I think I’ve seen all the Trek movies, and have seen about two dozen episodes…in total, spanning all the incarnations. I’m pretty ambivalent to Trek (don’t tell my mates)
    Roll on December 2015!!!

5. moocifer
    November 18, 2014 at 4:35 pm — Reply

While both are very entertaining, I have to chose the hero’s journey over weekly adventures.

6. Kirby
    November 18, 2014 at 5:00 pm — Reply

Star Trek, I find the writing to be better overall (and I’m taking into account Voyager & Enterprise,) better characters, and moments that still stick with me. While I like Star Wars it’s probably been a decade since I’ve watched anything Star Wars.

7. Drago
    November 18, 2014 at 7:05 pm — Reply

Before Star Wars I loved Trek. Then Star Wars came out, Empire, Jedi. I’ve watched both literally for decades. Both suffer from truly awful sequels and reinventions. I can’t pick. I’m weak :)

8. Vistapa+
    November 18, 2014 at 7:58 pm — Reply

Oh, no sir, i won’t be dragged into this….. (walks away slowly)

9. Frank
    November 18, 2014 at 8:18 pm — Reply

It’s kind of like asking to choose between your two favorite ice cream flavors. One week, you like one, next week, you like another.

10. J Perez
    November 18, 2014 at 9:02 pm — Reply

BSG… not on the list? wtf! Ok, Star Trek then.
    What can I say, I like sci fi better than fantasy (even if it’s in space). Also, I just feel like there’s more to like in Star Trek, when I think about all the Star Wars content I’ve consumed, the only thing I really, really like is the original movies and the X-Wing miniatures game.
    So, Star Trek for now, but check with me after I play this new Imperial Assault boardgame, because that thing looks awesome.

Also, BSG is better than both. So say we all!

11. J Perez
    November 18, 2014 at 9:11 pm — Reply

BSG… not on the list? wtf! Ok, Star Trek then.
    What can I say? I like sci fi better than fantasy (even if it’s in space). Also, I feel like there’s more to like in Star Trek, when I think about all the Star Wars content I’ve consumed, the only things I really, really like are the original movies and the X-Wing miniatures game.
    So, Star Trek for now, but check with me after I play this Imperial Assault boardgame, because that thing looks awesome.

Also, BSG is better tha both. So say we all!

12. November 19, 2014 at 12:23 am — Reply

STAR TREK!!!

What I like about Star Trek is the scope and morality of storytelling offered … that and Julian Bashir’s face.

• Alisha
      November 19, 2014 at 9:16 am — Reply

Pffft, Bashir isn’t so pretty.

Now Morn on the other hand…

13. Matticus Finch
    November 19, 2014 at 3:14 am — Reply

While I enjoy some tasty Star Wars, Star Trek will always be my favorite flavor.

14. Oldcomicfan
    November 19, 2014 at 7:35 am — Reply

I went with Star Trek.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Star Wars, but let’s face it, when you take off your rose colored glasses and ignore all that Joseph Campbell nonsense about the Hero’s Journey, all you have is a good sci-fi series that isn’t even consistent from movie to movie, with some great moments but a lot of mediocre stuff as well. On the other hand, Star Trek broke a lot of new ground. There wouldn’t have been any Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Space 1999, or Babylon 5 if Star Wars hadn’t paved the way for serious science fiction on TV. Each episode attempted to make a social statement as well as tell a good sci-fi story. Sure, Star Trek had its weak moments, too. If Star Wars has its Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks, Star Trek had its Space Hippies and Salt Vampires. Star Wars had its infamous Christmas Special and Ewok movies, and Star Trek had its Fifth movie where they went off in search of God and the bore-fest of the First Movie.
    When it all boils down to gravy, I think this question will be decided by age – those of my generation who grew up on Star Trek are probably going to vote for Trek, while all you youngsters out there who came along after the Trek era will probably vote for Star Wars, since that is the Sci-Fi epic of your youth. Oh, and by the way, all you youngsters – GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!!

15. bill the seeker
    November 19, 2014 at 8:55 am — Reply

The original trek was there as I grew up. It showed true friendship, honor, loyalty, how critically important science and critical thinking are. It showed the importance of logic and the power of human emotions.

I like Star Wars but in my life it’s just entertainment. Trek has become part of who I am.

16. Oldcomicfan
    November 21, 2014 at 7:23 am — Reply

Bill said it better than I could.

17. Rolina Eldis
    December 21, 2014 at 9:39 am — Reply

It’s not that simple with me, honestly. I think if I had to pick, it’d actually look like:

Star Gate (tv series)
    Star Wars (clone wars show/games)
    Star Trek