Geek History Lesson Ep 39 - Gwen Stacy

Jeremy Owen talks Self-Publishing - Bent-Con 2014

1. Alisha
    November 11, 2014 at 11:35 am — Reply

I had to go with Darkseid. I prefer Apocalypse better as a character, but from my understanding, Darkseid seems more powerful.

2. We snap
    November 11, 2014 at 12:06 pm — Reply

i think a more fair fight would be Darksied v Thanos

• Slappy
      November 12, 2014 at 11:01 am — Reply

That was done already and Darkseid kicked his Ass.

3. November 11, 2014 at 12:14 pm — Reply

As much as I like Apocalypse, this one feels like no real contest. I seriously doubt that ancient mutant with vaguely defined powers will last long against Darkseid.

4. November 11, 2014 at 12:39 pm — Reply

Ooooh man. I really, really like Apocalypse and the first “Age of Apocalypse” but he does NOT stand a chance against Darkseid.

5. foolsmask
    November 11, 2014 at 1:01 pm — Reply

Deathrays vs. Size change and armor? Why is this a question. Darkseid.

6. Starks Scraps
    November 11, 2014 at 4:53 pm — Reply

Darkseid is the ruler of Apocalypse, duh. (i know it’s a different spelling, Matthew, shush)

Seriously, Apocalypse is a chump.

7. Oldcomicfan
    November 12, 2014 at 7:19 am — Reply

Darkseid, of course. He’s a New God, so powerful that even Superman and the Justice League combined can’t take him out permanently. Apocalypse is just an ancient Egyptian mutant. Darkseid would either subvert him to his cause with barely any effort, or simply reach out and crush him, no even bothering with his Omega beams. Now a Darkseid vs. Thanos would be a match up I’d like to see, but I think you already did that one a couple years ago…

8. John I.G.
    November 12, 2014 at 4:17 pm — Reply

I have 0 marvel/dc cred anyways, so I’m going with Apocalupse because he actually looks designed instead of a rock face on a metal bullet.

9. Mark
    November 15, 2014 at 10:01 am — Reply

One is a very strong mutant the other is the GOD OF ALL EVIL
    only one winner here Darkseid

10. bill the seeker
    November 15, 2014 at 4:53 pm — Reply

Well Darkside has the sith who are pretty impressive but alpaca-lips has the mutants. Godzilla is a mutant in the marvel universe (ask the Defenders, SHIELD Doesn’t like to talk about it) and with his rocket proof skin and halitosis that could melt a spacecraft the sith don’t stand a chance.

So I went with Alpaca-lips.

11. Doctor Dinosaur
    November 17, 2014 at 8:49 am — Reply

Kirby’s God Of Evil and Fascism VS .. an evil fascist…

Wasn’t Apocalypse a Celestial experiment? This is like pitting a lab rat against a researcher with a scalpel.
    The New Gods and Celestials do have quite a bit of “crackle” in common.

The ancient mutant should probably have been paired against Black Adam or something.