Because of the unique nature of Marvel’s deal with Sony Pictures (Short version: Marvel leveraged their properties for cash during a downturn, and Sony seems to be able to hold the rights as long as they are actively using them), we’ve seen five Spider-Man films in the past 12 years, with two more Spidey outings and several proposed spinoffs in the pipeline.  Even *Batman* hasn’t seen that level of saturation (8 films in the last 25 years), and the mercenary impetus behind the series has shown through in the finished product here and there.  I have my issues with the franchise (such as the used of Spider-Man as a Christ figure and the fact that he can’t keep his damn mask on to save his life), but the casting of Emma Stone bought the ‘Amazing’ movies some goodwill, and give them the edge in my estimation, which leads us to today’s friendly neighborhood query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) reminds Faithful Spoilerites that “Neither” and “Meh” are NEVER valid responses to the MS-QOTD, but will accept ‘Nicholas Hammond’, asking: Which live-action Spider-Man is your favorite?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

COMICS PORTAL: ‘Batman’ Comes to Disc!

Top 300 Comics for October 2014

1. November 10, 2014 at 11:59 am — Reply

“Favorite” is such a strong word. Guess I will go with Tobey if we throw out Spider-man 3

2. Arbor Day
    November 10, 2014 at 12:22 pm — Reply

Maguire was a better Peter Parker, Garfield was a better Spider, man.

3. Greg
    November 10, 2014 at 12:27 pm — Reply

i think Andrew Garflied plays both a better Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Toby wasn’t bad and I barely remember Nicholas Hammond.

4. RAM_evilspaceknight
    November 10, 2014 at 1:51 pm — Reply

The one with the most heart.
    He knows a hero when he sees one. Too few characters out there, flying around like that, saving old girls like me. And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they’ll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there’s a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.

5. Dan Langsdale
    November 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm — Reply

Just as they say “your” Doctor Who is whoever was the Doctor when you first started watching, I think “my” Spider-man is the one from The Electric Company. Something about reading word balloons really makes it seem the most like comics ;)

6. Alisha
    November 10, 2014 at 4:16 pm — Reply
    • TheWolverine
      November 10, 2014 at 5:19 pm — Reply

Neat!

7. Ian
    November 10, 2014 at 7:19 pm — Reply

I couldn’t watch the new movies. That kid looks like he belongs in a boy band

8. Oldcomicfan
    November 11, 2014 at 8:20 am — Reply

I liked the Toby Spiderman movies. You can’t blame him for Spiderman 3 – that train wreck was the fault of the director, producers and screenwriters who thought that if one villain made a great Spiderman movie, then three villains in one movie would be three times better – who needs plot, coherence or character building? I liked the first Andrew Garfield movie also, but it was Toby’s first movie that proved that a good Spiderman film could be made without a ridiculous looking costume. The second movie was nearly as good. Doc Ock was terrific, but if I had my way with an editing machine, I’d excise the “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” scene. Let us never speak of that scene ever again.