This week on the Major Spoilers Podcast – We respect you, dear listener and dear reader, that’s why we talk about the Marvel movie announcement, Constantine on NBC, Little Nemo in Slumberland, John Wick and New 52 Futures End.

Get involved with the Major Spoilers Podcast Network LINK

NEWS
Marvel Announces Phase 3
LINK

REVIEWS
STEPHEN
Little Nemo: Return to Slumberland #2
Eric Shanower (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
Betrayal and a kiss! Scratchy clothes and the threat of a tea party! Nemo just wants to get away from Slumberland—and his wish may come true when the insufferable Flip brings the sun to melt it all. Can this already be the final adventure in this exciting new vision of Winsor McCay’s classic comic strip?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Rating: ★★★★½

MATTHEW
New 52 Futures End #25
Writers: Keith Giffen, Dan Jurgens, Jeff Lemire, Brian Azzarello
Artist: Patrick Zircher
Publisher: DC Comics
Cover Price: $2.99
The revelation of their ultimate adversary forces the S.H.A.D.E. team to find a new ride as they learn what it means to watch for the Storm.

Rating: ★☆☆☆☆

ZACH
John Wick
Staring: Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist, Alfie Allen, Adrianne Palicki, Bridget Moynahan, Dean Winters, Ian McShane, John Leguizamo, William Dafoe
Director: Chad Stahelski
Distributor: Lionsgate
Former hitman John Wick, as he comes out of retirement to track down a group of gangsters.

Rating: ★★★★☆

Major Spoilers Poll of the Week: It’s here! The moment you’ve been waiting for – the finalists for the 2014 costume contest.

Narrowing down the finalists to the top five was difficult – everyone who entered deserves a round of applause, but only one can be crowned the champion. And that champion will be determined by YOU!

NOTE: Voting Closes October 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM CDT. Get those votes in today!

Who would win in a fight? (Comment Here)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Call the Major Spoilers Hotline at (785) 727-1939.

The Major Spoilers Store is located at majorspoilers.bigcartel.com

Who is Andy Serkis playing in Avengers: Age of Ultron?

The Avengers try to prove their worth in new look at Avengers: Age of Ultron

1. October 29, 2014 at 4:07 am — Reply

Listening to your show, as usual, and just wanted to comment on the speculations on how Cpt. Marvel might be worked into Infinity War. The first thing to remember is that Mar-Vell had nothing to do with the 90s cosmic comics. He was good and dead at the time and there was little hint of him coming back. Not to say they can’t make Danvers important to Infinity War, but there is no comic based reason to do so.

2. Perry Taliaferro
    October 29, 2014 at 8:41 am — Reply

Hey guys,
    Another great show.
    But as far as the Black Widow movie … or the lack there-of, instead of Scarlet Johanson needing to change her representation or agent because she hasn’t been given a Black Widow movie, could it just be the simple fact that Johanson just doesn’t want to do one? It wouldn’t be the first time a star has tired of their role and just wants to finish their contract and be done. I say that having no knowledge of the situation, but just curious if that COULD be the case.
    Take care and keep up the good work,
    Perry

3. Greg
    October 29, 2014 at 11:30 am — Reply

Universal has the rights to Namor not Fox.

My speculation, or rather for my own selfish greedy desires, I want to see Charlize Theron or Katee Sackoff playing Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, I’d be happy with Jeri Ryan as well. I love the idea of Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, I want to see Christina Hendricks as Medusa and I believe that back over the summer Vin Deisel teased talks with Marvel for another “inhuman” role, so I want to see him as Blackbolt.

4. Greg
    October 29, 2014 at 12:00 pm — Reply

In regards to comic book/superhero movie burnout, I don’t think that burnout might a problem per se. I worry that subpar movies from WB, Fox and Sony can do harm to the genre overall. DC’s movies are going to make money just because of the characters involved, doesn’t mean that they will be good movies. My wife stopped me from walking out on Dark Knight Rise and I neraly did the same with Man of Steel; which was a decent superhero movies but not good Batman and Superman movies. I have confidence in Marvel delivering good movies, whereas I can only have hope for the other studios to do the same.

5. October 29, 2014 at 3:10 pm — Reply

Great episode, this is my favorite format for the show, mostly because I don’t read most of the comics you guys review, but I like hearing you guys just hanging out shootin’ the shit.

6. Michael
    October 29, 2014 at 5:21 pm — Reply

Kevin Feige’s last name is pronounced fye-gee with a hard G, not fye-jee.

7. Brandon Dingess
    October 30, 2014 at 2:29 am — Reply

I’ve always lamented the demise of the old Saturday show, so I enjoy it whenever you guys bust out a Major Spoilers Classic.

Stephen said Carol Danvers would have to be played by someone closer to 40 because in the armed forces, captain is a rank you don’t reach until “late thirties.” Not so! For ground and air forces such as the Marines and Air Force (of which Danvers was an officer), captain (O-3) is a mid rank that’s easily attainable before 30. If you graduate from a military institute such as VMI at 21/22 as a second lieutenant, then you’re just two promotions away. A naval captain (O-6) is something different and a more senior officer, but Danvers wasn’t in the navy.

I’m 32 and a high-school friend of mine is, I believe, now a major in the Marines. He made captain when we were in our 20s. All that to say that there’s nothing stopping a younger Jennifer Lawrence-type from playing Carol Danvers as an Air Force captain.

Also, Netflix’s “Defenders” will be a miniseries, not a movie like you guys were saying. Though I suppose that could make it easier for them to participate in the MCU’s latest movie slate since Marvel wouldn’t have to worry about slotting another movie for them.

• Greg
      October 30, 2014 at 10:46 am — Reply

Carol was an Air Force colonel.

• Brandon Dingess
        October 30, 2014 at 11:07 am — Reply

We are both wrong.

From Marvel.com “Carol was a top student at the Air Force Academy and enjoyed a rapid career advancement rising to the rank of Major.”

So she still would have been a captain in her late 20s/early 30s!

• Greg
          October 30, 2014 at 11:51 am — Reply

So it appears :)

was going off what I read, (if I remember it correctly) in both Avengers: Endless Wartime and in the first volume of DeConnik’s Captain Marvel, Steve and Carol joke about each other’s rank, mentioning she was a colonel and outranked him. Kelly Sue has even answered it that way on her tumblr when asked. Maybe she has it wrong as well.

8. John I.G.
    October 30, 2014 at 3:33 am — Reply

12 minutes in “rumor-mongering is a waste of time!”
    – I’m noticing…

• John I.G.
      October 30, 2014 at 3:50 am — Reply

18 minutes in – lampshaded
      oops, sorry :b

• Brandon Dingess
        October 30, 2014 at 10:16 am — Reply

My entire commute yesterday was taken up by that overly lengthy discussion. It was kind of disappointing.

• October 30, 2014 at 2:58 pm — Reply

uh… I bow?

9. Andy
    October 30, 2014 at 4:09 pm — Reply

Mathew was only TWELVE YEARS OFF on Jessica Biel’s age (32)

• October 30, 2014 at 7:38 pm — Reply

I can tell you how old I am, how old a comic book is, even how old my car is. When it comes to real-world personages, I’m often way off…

10. Curtis Gibb
    October 31, 2014 at 11:57 am — Reply

The “quote” by Scott Kurtz was originally quoted by my good friend Andrew Lewis back in 2010 on Twitter:

Just wanted to shout out to Andrew… he really doesn’t care if other people use it, but it’s nice to get his name out there.

11. litanyofthieves
    November 4, 2014 at 9:23 pm — Reply

Stephen, I really appreciated you taking the time to address the Strange Casting Rumors and why you didn’t report on them. Rumor-mongering and link-baiting aren’t new, and they’re never going to go away, but I appreciate your commitment to content creation.

I do believe that by focusing on content you’re taking the high road – building a solid reputation and audience that will stick with you to the end. There are lots of podcasts and websites asking for monthly donations, but I choose to send my meager $10 per month to your team because you are so focused on turning out as much content as you can, while still maintaining a consistent level of quality.

Keep up the good work.

• November 5, 2014 at 8:03 am — Reply

Thank you for being a great Spoilerite and a generous Major Spoilers VIP.