With that X-Men movie just around the corner, thank goodness, Marvel has decided to tie a comic book into the big movie event.*

Age_of_Apocalypse_2015

Whatever Marvel has planned, I’m going to bet it is nothing compared to the speculation/anticipation/ire that has been created with the teaser the company has been sending out.

*if you are wondering, yes, I am being very sarcastic about these teasers.

The Red Shirt Diaries Webcomic Page 9

Munchkin Land #104: Kobolds Ate My Baby Pre-order (Munchkin Minute)

1. October 28, 2014 at 10:26 am — Reply

What if this is Marvel’s version of something like DC’s Crisis or Flashpoint? Revisiting past events to reshape the setting to “like new”, something that Marvel hasn’t really done on a massive scale before, at least not in the same way DC has done. I’d actually be open to that happening, resetting the ENTIRE Marvel U (rather than a select few books) to a relatively fresh start without making it a separate timeline like “Ultimate Marvel”.

2. Derek
    October 28, 2014 at 10:32 am — Reply

I’m so confused. Are they redoing all these events? Are they continuations of these events? Is this some time travel hooey? Merging multiverses? AAAAAHHHH!!!!

• October 28, 2014 at 10:35 am — Reply

I know chances are slim, but my hope is it is a new “What if?” series, kicked off by an event of “What If? (insert past big event here)”.

• Derek
        October 28, 2014 at 11:01 am — Reply

I read something from a Marvel person that said this is definitely NOT a new What If :/ I don’t know if it’s kosher to post links here, so I’ll post the quote. It’s from Axel Alonso, Marvel’s Editor-In-Chief: “What I can say is that none of these teasers are for “What If?” stories. These stories really happen. And they happen in real-time — they’re not flashbacks. They count.”

• October 28, 2014 at 11:26 am — Reply

Until the event or whatever comes out, I am not putting much stock in announcements. It isn’t that I think they lie, but they have purposefully misdirected in the past, like a magic trick to keep the actual story under wraps until it releases.

• Derek
            October 28, 2014 at 1:38 pm — Reply

I’m with you on that one.

Unless it is an amazing event, I’m probably going to pass. I’m just not into events so much anymore. There’s just too many. They used to be novel because they didn’t happen every summer. Or at least it seemed that way when I was younger.

3. Rob
    October 28, 2014 at 5:25 pm — Reply

I wonder if they are finally going to deal with the dangling “time is broken” plot thread from the end of Age of Ultron with a whistle stop tour of the multi-verse. I doubt we will see a crisis style reboot but it could lead into more stories set outside earth 616, keeping my fingers crossed for a new volume of Exiles or even dare I day it, a decent Captain Britain ongoing.

4. Cody
    October 28, 2014 at 7:21 pm — Reply

My guess is this has something to do with the collapsing multiverses in the Avengers and them the secret wars series.