Award-winning comic book publisher BOOM! Studios is pleased to announce it will exhibit at Stan Lee’s Comikaze, which will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California, during the weekend of October 31st – November 2nd. BOOM! is thrilled to host a number of special guests during the show including actors Peter Facinelli, David Henrie, and James Hong. The show marks the publisher’s eighteenth and final convention appearance in 2014 spreading the message of “We Are BOOM!” to the fans.
BOOM! can be found at booth number 906 and will host the following creators for signing opportunities all weekend:
- Caleb Monroe (Cloaks, Planet of the Apes, Peanuts)
- Collin Kelly (Hacktivist)
- Jackson Lanzing (Hacktivist)
- Mike Kunkel (Herobear and the Kid)
The following creators will be available for sketches all weekend. For $30, fans can order custom sketches drawn on blank covers of Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors, and other comics.
- Hannah Nance Partlow (Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors)
- Tyson Hesse (The Amazing World of Gumball, Bravest Warriors)
In addition, BOOM! will host the following signings on Saturday:
- Actor James Hong, who played Lo Pan in the classic John Carpenter film Big Trouble in Little China, will be available from 10:30-11:00 am.
- Actor and creator David Henrie (Wizards of Waverly Place, How I Met Your Mother) will be signing for Cloaks along with series writer Caleb Monroe from 12:00-1:00 pm. Note: This signing will be ticketed.
- Actor and creator Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie, Twilight) will be signing for Protocol: Orphans along with series writer Michael Alan Nelson from 2:00-3:00 pm. Note: This signing will be ticketed.
- Pete Browngardt, creator of the Cartoon Network show Uncle Grandpa, will be signing with Uncle Grandpa Stan Lee’s Comikaze exclusive variant cover artist Yehudi Mercado from 4:00-5:00 pm.
BOOM! will host the following signing on Sunday:
- John Omohundro, voice actor for Danny from Bravest Warriors, will be signing from 1:00-2:00 pm.
Free tickets for Saturday’s ticketed signings will be available for distribution at the BOOM! booth that morning.
BOOM! will have a Stan Lee’s Comikaze exclusive variant for Uncle Grandpa #1 by Yehudi Mercado available for purchase through the convention for $10.00, while supplies last.
For tickets and more information on Stan Lee’s Comikaze, visit comikazeexpo.com.
ABOUT BOOM! STUDIOS
Founded by Ross Richie in 2005, Diamond Gem Award-winning “Best Publisher” BOOM! Studios (boom-studios.com) generates a constellation of best-selling Eisner and Harvey Award-winning original and licensed comic books and graphic novels with the industry’s top talent. BOOM! Studios is comprised of four distinct imprints. The original Studios imprint is home to Mike Carey’s Suicide Risk; James Tynion IV’s The Woods; Mark Waid’s Irredeemable; Sons of Anarchy; and Big Trouble in Little China. Steven Grant’s graphic novel 2 Guns was released as a feature film from Universal Pictures, starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg. BOOM!’s all-ages imprint KaBOOM! publishes Charles Schulz’ Peanuts; Jim Davis’ Garfield; Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, and Steven Universe; Mike Kunkel’s Herobear and the Kid; and Natasha Allegri’s Bee and PuppyCat. BOOM!’s experimental imprint BOOM! Box publishes The Midas Flesh and Lumberjanes. In June 2013, BOOM! acquired Archaia Entertainment (archaia.com). Archaia is the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning graphic novel publisher of Mouse Guard, Cow Boy, Gunnerkrigg Court, Rust, and Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand. In October 2013, BOOM! Studios entered into a unique first-look relationship with 20th Century Fox, giving the studio access to its library of titles and giving the publisher access to Fox’s vast catalog of films. In August 2014, BOOM! Studios began a similar first-look relationship with 20th Century Fox TV to develop properties for the small screen.