Top Five Things We Are Suckers For

Top Five is a show where the hosts categorize, rank, compare, and stratify everything‚Ķ from cars to gadgets to people and movies. From stuff that is hot, and things that are not nearly as interesting – it’s Top Five.

No matter what these things will send us down the rabbit hole, in a weird compulsion… we’re suckers for these things!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

IDW to produce Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge Artist's Edition

Archie meets The Predator (we kid you not)

1. Stuart McQueen
    October 10, 2014 at 9:16 am — Reply

Great Top 5
    Mine are-
    5. Transformers, (except for Michael Bay’s travesties)
    4. Acapella covers of 80s pop songs/theme songs
    3. Highlander the TV series starrig Adrian Paul
    2. Michael J Fox movies, (never made a bad movie…ever)
    1. The work of James Robinson, if he’s written the comic I will buy and read it!

2. Don Lunak
    October 11, 2014 at 12:49 pm — Reply

(5) Wizards of the Coast- I am a huge fan of D&D and Magic, and would never be able to chose between the two. I run a 4e campaign that keeps my creative juices flowing, and there is great reward in blowing the minds of my friends. With Magic, the payoff is similar, in that you blow your friend’s minds by crushing them with your ingenuity…
    (4)Super hero genre- I love all kinds of comics, and with companies like Image and Boom, we see less and less “must read” superhero titles, and more and more mystery, horror, scifi, and slice of life books becoming the popular titles. In fact, I hear the phrase “I don’t read super hero comics anymore” in conversation on a daily basis. This is not the case for me. I love superheros, and if it hasn’t worn off on me at 25, I don’t see it wearing off ever. As much as I love a Saga, Chew, & Black Science, I Still love my silly men and women, running around in tights, foiling mustache twirling villain’s psychedelic evil plans.
    (3) Jam bands- I am a lover of live music. My taste is a bit all over the place, but there is one genre I love to see live more than all the others; Jam. Jam music is usually long form, In that songs tend to bleed into one another, creating a live set that is seemingly 3 really long songs, but the music is fantastic and trans formative. A jam song with start as one thing, and eventually blossom into something much more beautiful in time, and the build up is absolutely worth it. You will never hear the same live set from a Jam band, and they never just play the hits and on to the next city. it’s thought provoking music, and not to mention the crowd at a jam band show is usually hippie minded folk who are very friendly and inviting. (Some jam bands- Phish, Umphrey’s Mcgee, Dopapod, Greatful Dead)
    (2) Cartoons- As a kid, I feel spoiled growing up in the 90s. We just had the best cartoons, and when I say that, I don’t just mean we had the best cartoons MADE in the 90s. We had all the good stuff from the 70s and 80s as well. we had it all. My love for cartoons has never left me, and these days, we get a new DC animated film about every 4 months to keep that cartoon fix under control.
    (1) Science fiction/Fantasy- It doesn’t matter if it’s a game, movie, TV show, comic, book, WHATEVER, if the setting is science fiction or fantasy, I will always be compelled to read further into it to see what it’s all about. An imaginative, made up world will always grab my attention and capture my imagination.

3. Justin
    October 15, 2014 at 5:18 pm — Reply

Recomendation for Blue Grass covers: “Fade To Bluegrass” Metallica covers.

4. Bob
    October 16, 2014 at 5:32 pm — Reply

My recommendation for Blue Grass cover: “Thunderstruck” by Steve’n’Seagulls. My all time favorite!

5. Amber
    October 27, 2014 at 9:16 pm — Reply

Time travel movie recommendation: Mine Games
    It’s a little off the genre path, as it’s a horror movie with a time-loop theme (not a spoiler, it’s heavily implied from the start), rather than including traditional time travel. Watching the details of the loop fall into place was certainly a lot of fun.

6. Damascus
    February 27, 2015 at 11:48 am — Reply

A really funny time travel movie you may not have seen is called Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel from 2009. It’s a little like Shaun of the Dead but with time travel. It stars Chris O’Dowd from The IT Crowd and Anna Ferris. It’s hilarious.