Lords of the Feywild

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: Orem and the Iron Circle launch their attack on Spud’s Keep.

Visit the Major Spoilers store for Critical Hit merchandise, including Adriana’s Critical Hit sketchbook!

Finally Friday - October 03, 2014

The Li'l Depressed Boy: Supposed to be There Too #1 Review

1. Drago
    October 4, 2014 at 3:51 pm — Reply

Guessing Spud’s stats will go down as he starts to get drained. Love how desperate the party is, doesn’t happen often.

2. October 5, 2014 at 6:16 am — Reply

Great show as allway

3. October 5, 2014 at 6:18 am — Reply

PS. You guys realize that you would not have survived past lvl 5 without the Rob.
    Ooooh and please let Spud transform into a great green dragon. (Fingers crossed)

• October 5, 2014 at 11:41 am — Reply

For any and all static thrown Rob’s way, he is a vital and important part of Critical Hit, and it wouldn’t be anywhere near the same show without him….

4. Zar
    October 5, 2014 at 12:10 pm — Reply

This time I don’t think the issues of this fight is solely Rodigo. Except he should have given you a hint that you maybe shouldn’t be throwing all your dailies at something you need a 19 to hit. You should have waited until his power was depleted. I know he believes he shouldn’t coddle you but you guys really need guidance as you are playing for his rich story and being entertaining to the listeners. I’m sorry but I just don’t enjoy how you guys do every fight missing 90% of the time. The only reason I listened to this whole podcast is was hoping it would get easier for you all.

• October 5, 2014 at 5:54 pm — Reply

90% is a vast over-exaggeration, even taking into account the difficulty of the last few combats.

• Aspiring Spambot
        October 6, 2014 at 9:54 am — Reply

Actually, if you’re only hitting on a 19, you are literally missing 90% of the time.

I apologize in advance for this. I just woke up and this was my first opportunity to be a smart-alec.

• Ethan Voisey
          October 6, 2014 at 4:06 pm — Reply

95% on a 19, but who cares, there playing a game that is meant to be fun, and putting it in public domain to entertain us too, they can do what they want, this series would be very boring if they knew everything about game tactics, part of the fun is them screwing up sometimes and having to fix it, i still remember the exploding skeletons as a stand out point, all in all keep up the good work guys,

5. Aspiring Spambot
    October 6, 2014 at 10:07 am — Reply

Something just dawned on me. Orem’s father has taken the lead in the siege of Cerulean Academy, which now has an opening for a dean. There’s a real possibility that Orem could roll into town one day and ask someone for preferential treatment because, “my father is the dean.”

• PureChaosDI
      October 6, 2014 at 11:27 am — Reply

You’re a funny guy Spambot, that’s why i’m going to kill you last.

6. Kelthazar
    October 6, 2014 at 11:57 am — Reply

Great Podcast as always…

Guys I love all of you, and Trell, I love your character and role playing, but please please please for the love of 4E combat, LEARN your stats and skills, FAMILIARIZE yourself with your character and PREPARE your attacks BEFORE your turn, so that you dont take 20 minutes for each of your turns… please…

• Aspiring Spambot
      October 7, 2014 at 12:09 am — Reply

I agree with Kelthazar. Learning to keep an eye and ear on combat and plot out your next move as the board state changes goes a long way toward making a smoother combat experience AND a much better player. I have super ADHD and a fondness for beer as well, so if I can learn to do it, so can you.

7. Dennis
    October 7, 2014 at 6:16 pm — Reply

I’m enjoying Rodrigo’s seemingly deliberate epic titling of the group for boss fights – ‘The Iron Circle’, ‘Layman’s Initiative’….maybe I’m imagining it, but it adds to the epicness of the final fights and it’s a nice little touch on his part.

8. Joshua
    October 9, 2014 at 12:06 pm — Reply

I just caught up after what seems like a year of binge listening. Thankfully, game night is tomorrow…so, I won’t have too much of a withdrawal. Next week is going to be tough though. Thanks to all of you for putting out an entertaining and informative podcast. It helped get me into D&D (tomorrow will be my second session) and also taught me so much about mechanics. Even though we’re playing 5th edition, I’ve taken so much from this as a player. From mechanics to role play, y’all do a very good job teaching!

Thanks,
    Joshua

9. Gary G
    October 10, 2014 at 12:34 pm — Reply

Hopefully most of the permanent characters die this season!

• Terry Heying
      October 10, 2014 at 3:17 pm — Reply

At least one of them will be taking a leave because of the Hogba…