Remember a few years ago when prop replica versions of the shoes from Back to the Future II were selling for tens of thousands of dollars? Yeah, I wasn’t able to snag a pair either. Now that the price has dropped to $100, I still can’t grab a pair.
Here’s the low down on these sneaks:
- Officially Licensed
- Recreates the style seen in Back to the Future II
- Hi-Top style with textured sole for traction
- Fits with an adjustable Velcro strap around ankle and elastic on top of shoe
- Shoes light up just like in the movie!
- Shoes charge up easily with included USB cable
- Measurements are of the OUTSIDE of the shoe, all sizes listed are in standard US sizes
- Lights light up on one side of the shoe only (on the outside)
- Battery life lasts up to 300 full cycles. Battery is not replaceable.
- Average length of charge is half an hour (time to charge from empty to full battery) Average length of life after charge is four continuous hours.
- Average life of LEDS is 80,000 hours.
The price is great, too – only $98.99 plus tax and shipping. If you were as ready as I was to grab a pair (or 10), you’re out of luck, the shoes sold out within a day of launching.
On the plus side Halloween Costumes realizes how much money they are going to make off these shoes and are currently getting a new shipment ready to release. If you are a Back to the Future fan, you’ll do like I did and sign up to be notified when they are back in stock.